Manoj Tiwari says he will bring privilege notice in Lok Sabha against Amanatullah Khan for alleged assault during Signature Bridge inauguration
Tiwari alleged that Khan 'assaulted, threatened, obstructed and intimidated' him in the public domain.
New Delhi: Delhi BJP chief and MP Manoj Tiwari on Friday said he would move a privilege notice in the Lok Sabha against AAP MLA Amanatullah Khan for allegedly assaulting and threatening him during the inauguration of the Signature Bridge in New Delhi earlier this month.
After the incident, the AAP and the BJP had filed complaints against each other, alleging assault during the event held on 4 November.
The month-long Winter Session of Parliament is set to commence from 11 December.
"I will bring Privilege notice under Rule 222, Chapter XX of the Rules of Procedure and Conduct of Business in the Lok Sabha against AAP MLA Amanatullah Khan," he told PTI.
The North East Delhi MP had gone to the event to stage a protest for allegedly not being invited to the inauguration despite being a Member of Parliament from the area.
Tiwari alleged that Khan "assaulted, threatened, obstructed and intimidated" him in the public domain.
In response, the ruling Aam Aadmi Party had demanded the arrest of Tiwari for allegedly "rioting" and "posing a threat" to the security of Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal at event.
After the incident, the AAP's East Delhi Lok Sabha seat in-charge Atishi had alleged Tiwari had gone to the venue for "rioting. Three FIRs have been registered in the matter including the one against Khan on a complaint by Tiwari.
In an affidavit, the Union government said the AAP government has implemented the 'one nation-one ration card' plan only in Circle 63 Seemapuri
Phased reopening of Delhi started with allowing construction and manufacturing activities from 31 May, in view of declining numbers of coronavirus cases and positivity rate
'Delhi govt is under ration mafia', claims Ravi Shankar Prasad; tussle over doorstep delivery scheme continues
The AAP and BJP have traded accusations about the initiative since 6 June, when CM Arvind Kejriwal wrote to Narendra Modi asking why the doorstep delivery scheme had been stalled by the Centre