Centre allots Lutyens' bungalow occupied by Priyanka Gandhi Vadra to BJP national media head Anil Baluni
The ministry had on 1 July cancelled the allotment of the bungalow to Priyanka Gandhi Vadra, saying that she was not entitled to the facility following the withdrawal of her SPG security cover.
New Delhi: The government has allotted a Lutyens' Delhi bungalow, currently occupied by Congress leader Priyanka Gandhi, to the BJP's national media head and Rajya Sabha member Anil Baluni, an official of the Union Housing and Urban Affairs Ministry said on Sunday.
The ministry had on 1 July cancelled the allotment of the bungalow to Gandhi, saying that she was not entitled to the facility following the withdrawal of her SPG security cover.
The government has asked the Congress general secretary to vacate the 35 Lodhi Estate bungalow by 1 August.
"Priyanka Gandhi's bungalow has been allotted to Anil Baluni following his request. He will get possession of the bungalow once the Congress leader vacates it," the official said.
Sources said Baluni had made a request for a change of his residence on health grounds. He was treated for cancer some time ago.
Though he has recovered, he has been advised to follow a number of precautions. His current residence was deemed not fully suitable for him, they said.
The government had in November last year replaced the Special Protection Group (SPG) cover of Congress president Sonia Gandhi and her children Rahul Gandhi and Priyanka Gandhi Vadra, with Z-plus security by the CRPF.
The ministry official had said that the Congress general secretary, who is in-charge of party affairs in Uttar Pradesh, had been allotted the bungalow on 21 February, 1997 as she was an SPG protectee.
The Z-plus security does not entail such a facility and she has to vacate the bungalow in Lutyens' Delhi.
Find latest and upcoming tech gadgets online on Tech2 Gadgets. Get technology news, gadgets reviews & ratings. Popular gadgets including laptop, tablet and mobile specifications, features, prices, comparison.
He also tagged a 17 July tweet of his where he had predicted that there would be more than 20 lakh cases by 10 August if the government didn't do enough to curb the pandemic
Saifuddin Soz to sue J&K administration over 'unlawful house arrest'; Rahul Gandhi seeks his release
Soz has alleged that he has been detained in his house since 5 August, 2019, when the Centre abrogated Article 370. However, the UT administration denied the charge in the SC on Wednesday
Congress has been urging the Centre to scale up the MGNREGA scheme and expand its scope to meet the growing work demand in the wake of the coronavirus crisis