EPFO settles over 10 lakh claims in October

Retirement fund body settled 10.21 lakh claims including transfer and withdrawal of Provident Fund in October, which is 28% more than such settlements in September this year.

hidden November 07, 2013 15:53:10 IST
EPFO settles over 10 lakh claims in October

Retirement fund body settled 10.21 lakh claims including transfer and withdrawal of Provident Fund in October, which is 28% more than such settlements in September this year.

"The Employees Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) settled 10,21,922 claims during the month of October, 2013. This is 28% higher than the claims settled in September, 2013," an official statement said here.

It said 72% of these claims (settled in October) were settled within 10 days while remaining 28% were settled within 30 days.

Besides improving performance on claims front, the body has also reduced the number of grievances considerably. EPFO's efforts in grievance redressal has paid dividends.

EPFO settles over 10 lakh claims in October

EPFO. Courtesy: Website.

The number of complaints in Central Public Grievances Redressal System (CPGRAM) has come down to less than 100.

The number of grievances in Employees Provident Fund internet Grievance System (EPFiGMS) have also got reduced from more than 25,000 to less than 5,500.

During a recent review, EPFO's Central Provident Fund Commissioner K K Jalan observed that 108 offices out of 123 offices of EPFO do not have a single complaint that have been kept pending for more than 30 days.

EPFO recently bagged the Financial Inclusion and Payment System award for the year 2013. It paid more than 93% of claims electronically and more than 99% of pensioners got pension through core banking solution account number as on November 1, 2013.

PTI

Updated Date:

Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro at ₹499 for the first year. Use code PRO499. Limited period offer. *T&C apply

also read

EPFO likely to announce interest rates on provident fund deposits for FY 2020-21 today
India

EPFO likely to announce interest rates on provident fund deposits for FY 2020-21 today

New EPFO enrolments have grown to 12.54 lakh in December 2020, a staggering 24 percent rise when compared to the same month for the year 2019

EPFO decides to retain 8.5% interest rate on provident fund deposits for FY 2020-21
India

EPFO decides to retain 8.5% interest rate on provident fund deposits for FY 2020-21

EPFO's decision comes amid speculation that the rate of interest would be lowered for this fiscal, in view of more withdrawals and less contribution from members due to COVID-19 pandemic