Timeline: Key events in Batla House encounter case of 2008
Following is the series of events leading to conviction of suspected Indian Mujahideen terrorist Shahzad in the September 19, 2008 Batla House encounter case by a Delhi court
New Delhi: Following is the series of events leading to conviction of suspected Indian Mujahideen terrorist Shahzad in the September 19, 2008 Batla House encounter case by a Delhi court:
• Sept 19, 2008: Encounter takes place at L-18 Batla House in Delhi's Jamia Nagar between a raiding team of Delhi Police Special Cell and suspected IM operatives in which decorated police officer Inspector M C Sharma lost his life. Shahzad and another accused Junaid (now proclaimed offender) escape. Two suspected terrorists Atif Amin and Mohammed Sajid killed in the shootout, while one suspected IM operative, Mohd Saif surrenders.
• January 1, 2010: Shahzad arrested from Azamgarh in Uttar Pradesh.
• Apr 2010: Charge sheet filed in Delhi court in the case. Junaid is declared proclaimed offender. Charge sheet says encounter was part of probe into the 13 September, 2008 serial blasts at Karol Bagh, Connaught Place, Greater Kailash and India Gate that had left 26 dead and 133 injured.
• Feb 15, 2011: Court frames charges against Shahzad of murder, attempt to murder, conspiracy and various other sections under the IPC.
• Jul 20, 2013: Court reserves judgement in the case.
• July 25, 2013: Court holds Shahzad guilty of murdering inspector M C Sharma and assaulting other police officers. Fixes 29 July for pronouncing order on sentence against him.
Sushant Singh Rajput, a hardworking actor unfazed by stardom, made all the right noises with his silences
Notwithstanding his boundless talent, Sushant Singh Rajput was one of the most hardworking actors of his generation. And that shows in the silences of his performances.
A year after Sushant Singh Rajput's death, Bollywood insiders feel industry still functions on favouritism
"There are groups, gangs that exist. You can call it favouritism, nepotism or what you will,” producer Pritish Nandy said of the intense "cornering" culture of Bollywood
Tokyo Olympics 2020: Delightful rewarding to historic postponement, a timeline of hope and turbulence
From a historic virus postponement and summer heat fears to unprecedented restrictions on fans, the path to staging the Tokyo Olympics has been far from smooth.