On the second day of his visit to India, Japanese prime minister Shinzo Abe signed 15 agreements with New Delhi, to deepen the strategic and global partnership between the two nations.
After laying the foundation stone for a high-speed train project which will be completed by 2022, Abe and Narendra Modi signed 15 MoUs and issued a joint statement. Modi announced a delivery service between the two nations to serve the Japanese diaspora in India.
"India Post and Japan Post to start a 'cool box service' for Japanese citizens living in India, so that they can order their favorite food from Japan," he said. In the joint statement, he welcomed Abe and said, "We have met several times on the sidelines of international events. On Wednesday, we attended Sabarmati Ashram. On Friday, we went to Gandhi Musuem."
— Raveesh Kumar (@MEAIndia) September 14, 2017
Here is the full list of agreements signed on Thursday between India and Japan:
A. Disaster Risk Management
1. MOC between the Ministry of Home Affairs of the Government of the Republic of India and the Cabinet Office of the Government of Japan aims to cooperate and collaborate in the field of disaster risk reduction and to share the experiences, knowledge and policies on disaster prevention.
B. Skills Development
2. MoC in the field of Japanese language education in India between MEA and MOFA, Japan, which will further strengthen bilateral relations and cooperation in the field of Japanese language education in India.
3. The India Japan Act East Forum to enhance connectivity and promote developmental projects in the northeastern region of India in an efficient and effective manner.
D. Economic & Commercial
4. Arrangement between India Post and Japan Post on administrative instruction for the implementation of cool EMS service aims at implementing the commercial arrangement of 'Cool EMS' service between Japan Post and India Post, through which fresh food can be sent from Japan to India in cool boxes for the Japanese expatriates in India.
E. Investment (Gujarat)
5. The India-Japan Investment Promotion Road map between DIPP and METI will facilitate and accelerate Japanese investments in India.
6. MoC between METI and the state of Gujarat on 'Japan-India special programme for Make In India' in Mandal Bechraj-Khoraj, will accelerate cooperate in infrastructure development programmes in the Mandal Bechraj-Khorajregion.
F. Civil Aviation
7. Exchange of RoD on Civil Aviation Cooperation: It opens skies between India and Japan i.e. Indian and Japanese carriers can mount now unlimited flights to select cities.
G. Science and technology
8. Agreement for international joint exchange programme between inter-disciplinary theoretical and mathematical sciences programme (iTHEMS), RIKEN and National Centres for Biological Sciences (Simons-NCBS) will establish a 'Joint Exchange Programme' to identify and foster talented young scientists from both countries to collaborate in the field of theoretical biology.
9. Joint research contract between the National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science & Technology (AIST), Japan, and the Department of Biotechnology (DBT): Will conduct joint research and to establish an international centre named 'DBT-AIST International CENter for Translational & Environmental Research (DAICENTER)' at AIST, Japan, in order to promote science and technology in both.
10. MoU signed between DBT and National Institute of Advanced Science & Technology (AIST), to promote research collaboration between DBT research institutes and AIST in the fields of life sciences and biotechnology.
11. MoU signed on international academic and sports exchange between Lakshmibai National Institute of Physical Education (LNIPE)and Nippon Sports Science University, Japan (NSSU). This will facilitate and deepen international education cooperation and exchanges between Lakshmibai National Institute of Physical Education, India, and Nippon Sport Science University, Japan.
12. MoU signed on international academic and sports exchange between the Sports Authority of India and Nippon Sports Science University, Japan (NSSU). This will facilitate and deepen international education cooperation and exchange between the Sports Authority of India and Nippon Sport Science University, Japan.
13. Letter of intent signed between Lakshmibai National Institute of Physical Education (LNIPE) and the University of Tsukuba, Japan. To strengthen strategic collaboration, joint research programmes and exchanges between the Lakshmibai National Institute of Physical Education, India and University of Tsukuba, Japan will be undertaken.
14. Letter of intent signed between Sports Authority of India and University of Tsukuba, Japan. To strengthen strategic collaboration, joint research programme and exchanges between University of Tsukuba, Japan and Sports Authority of India.
J. Academics/Think Tank
15. MoU signed between RIS and IDE-JETRO for promotion of cooperation in research-related activities to promote institutional cooperation between RIS and IDE-JETRO to strengthen the capacity of research and effectiveness of dissemination of research findings.
Updated Date: Sep 14, 2017 15:26 PM