Need for 'visible progress' in Pathankot probe, India tells Pakistan
India has conveyed to Pakistan the need for early and 'visible progress' in the Pathankot airbase terror attack probe in that country, Rajya Sabha was told.
New Delhi: India has conveyed to Pakistan the need for early and "visible progress" in the Pathankot airbase terror attack probe in that country, Rajya Sabha was told on Wednesday.
Minister of State for Home Haribhai Parathibhai Chaudhary said in Rajya Sabha that the case of terror attack on Pathankot airbase is reported to be under investigation in Pakistan.
"The government has emphasised the need for early and visible progress in the investigation in Pakistan of the Pathankot airbase terrorist attack, during the meeting of the Indian Foreign Secretary with the Foreign Secretary of Pakistan on 26 April, 2016," he said replying to a written question.
The Minister said that the National Investigation Agency has provided evidences such as certified copies of post-mortem reports, medical legal reports, call data reports, DNA reports, the seizure memo articles from the scene of crime and statements of key witnesses showing involvement of Pakistan based terrorist groups/ individuals to Pakistan's Joint Investigation Team (JIT) during its visit to India from 27-31 March in connection with the Pathankot attack.
Seven security personnel were killed in the terror attack on Pathankot airbase carried out by Pakistan-based JeM (Jaish-e-Mohammad) terror group on 2 January.
Highlights, West Indies vs Pakistan, 2nd T20I in Guyana, Full Cricket Score: Visitors win by seven wickets
Follow the full scorecard and live ball-by-ball commentary on the second Twenty20 International between West Indies and Pakistan on our live blog here
The two boards were forced into the alteration to the scheduled tour dates after West Indies' current ODI series against Australia was rocked by a positive Covid-19 test which saw Thursday's second match suspended.
Last month, the Pakistani prime minister's comments on sexual violence drew severe backlash after he suggested that avoiding 'temptation in society' is the way to prevent sexual violence against women