Pakistan: Two more Indian High Commission officials leave for India
Two more Indian High Commission officials, out of the eight accused by Pakistan of being members of Indian intelligence agencies, left for India.
Islamabad: Two more Indian High Commission officials, out of the eight accused by Pakistan of being members of Indian intelligence agencies, on Thursday left for India.
"Balbir Singh and Jayabalan Senthil left via Dubai-bound Emirates flight EK 615," sources said.
Both the staffers were named as undercover agents of Indian intelligence agencies. With this, the number of Indian High Commission officials leaving Pakistan has reached five.
Foreign Office spokesman Nafees Zakaria last week had alleged that several Indian diplomats and staffers were involved in "coordinating terrorist and subversive activities in Pakistan under the garb of diplomatic assignments".
Last month, Pakistan had declared Indian High Commission official Surjeet Singh 'persona non-grata' after India's action against Pakistan High Commission official Mehmood Akhtar following Indian police's busting of an ISI-run spy ring.
On 2 November, Pakistan had pulled out six of its officials in the wake of the spy scandal.
Analysts and reports suggest that Pakistan will remain greylisted till the next session of FATF in 2022 as it has failed to curb terror financing of UN proscribed terrorists living in Pakistan
The anger with Pakistan in the Biden administration and in sections of the US Congress is apparent. Yet, at no point in the past 20 years — and before that too — was the US unaware of Pakistani involvement in sponsoring terror
Last week, NATO chief Jens Stoltenberg had said that they must stay vigilant in tracking the developments in the troubled country