- 25 people are feared dead after the Bangalore bound Hampi Express rammed into a stationary goods train at Penukonda station in Andhra Pradesh early this morning. The train apparently overshot the signal, which resulted in the disaster.
We have a CNN-IBN report
- Meanwhile the rupee continues to tumble, hitting a fresh low of 55.35 per dollar in late afternoon trade. This is despite the RBI's measures to try and curb the persistent fall.
- Key government allies Mamata Banerjee and M Karunanidhi will not be attending a dinner being hosted by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh for MPs and political allies to mark three years of the second term of the United Progressive Alliance or the UPA in power.
The UPA may be celebrating, but according to a CNN-IBN survey...there isn't much to be proud about... you can see the report in the bulletin.
- The Central Board of Secondary Education or the CBSE Class X examination results for the Chennai region were announced with an overall 99.66 pass percentage. And there's more education news as girls outclassed boys once again, grabbing both higher pass percentages as well as top marks in the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE) for Classes 10 and 12. Yes females, you can smile.
- In sport and a big match in the IPL today as Kolkata Knight Riders take on Delhi Daredevils with the winners going straight to the final. Firstpost will bring you all the live updates. On the football front, Chelsea's Didier Drogba has reportedly told his teammates that he will leave the club. And Real Madrid's Jose Mourinho has put pen to paper on a new deal which will keep him at the club till 2016.
- Finally, Samsung's Galaxy SIII is the most popular phone in the world before it has even launched! The Telegraph reports that 9 million handset makers have pre ordered the much awaited phone.
Updated Date: May 22, 2012 21:04 PM