Missing Army Captain Sikhardeep shows up in Faizabad, claims he was abducted

Katihar (Bihar):Army Captain Sikhardeepwho went missing after a boarding a train in Bihar on 6 February, was found in UP's Faizabad on Saturday.

Sikhardeep, 25, turned up at Kotwali Police station in Faizabad claiming to have been abducted. An army team reach the police station soon after, said Hindustan Times 

Army Captain Shikhar Deep. IBN Live

Army Captain Shikhar Deep. IBN Live

The army had made a public appeal on Wednesday to help find Sikhardeep, sending out information that Sikhardeep was posted in Jammu and Kashmir with the 8 Sikh Light Infantry regiment and was travelling to Delhi from Katihar by Mahananda Express on February 6-7, reported India Today

According to the army statement: "The officer did not reach his destination and went missing during transit. Any information with regard to the whereabouts of the officer may please be conveyed to Lt Col Anant Kumar on mobile number 9128724351," reads a report in India Today.

SikharDeep's family registered a case of suspected abduction with the railway police on Tuesday and had claimed that a terrorist organisation may be behind his disappearance, said the newspaper


"I have talked to Captain Sikhardeep over phone. He is in Kotwali police station of Faizabad district and he is fine. The army personnel took him to Dogra cantonment (in Faizabad)," said Superintendent of Railway Police (SRP) Jitendra Kumar Mishra.

Mishra said Sikhardeep called his sister on her mobile in Katihar this morning and informed her that he was at Kotwali police station of Faizabad.
She then informed their father Anant Kumar, a Lt Col-rank officer posted at Ranchi, who in turn told the SRP about his son's sudden appearance at Faizabad. Mishra said Shikhardeep told him that he got off Mahananda Express at Patna Junction to drink water and lost consciousness thereafter.

When he regained consciousness, the Captain said he found himself tied to a chair at an unknown place. He managed to free himself, ran a few kilometres and then took Kamakhya Express.

However, the SRP said, the Army officer could not tell him the place where he boarded Kamakhya Express and where he got down from the train. The Captain said he somehow reached Faizabad and went to Kotwali police station where he introduced himself.

Sikhardeep's family had last spoken to him on phone that night but he did not reach Delhi. The police team, which has been camping at Mugalsarai station to look for Sikhardeep, has been asked to reach Faizabad.

His brother-in-law, who had registered an FIR with Katihar GRP on February 9 about his disappearance, had also gone with the police team.


Updated Date: Feb 13, 2016 13:54 PM

Also Watch

IPL 2018: Royal Challengers Bangalore eye revival against Chennai Super Kings as 'Cauvery Derby' comes back to life
  • Thursday, April 26, 2018 In the Kanjarbhat community, a campaign against 'virginity tests' is slowly gaining ground
  • Tuesday, April 24, 2018 It's A Wrap: Beyond the Clouds stars Ishaan Khatter, Malavika Mohanan in conversation with Parul Sharma
  • Monday, April 9, 2018 48 hours with Huawei P20 Pro: Triple camera offering is set to redefine smartphone imaging
  • Monday, April 16, 2018 Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore interview: Sports can't be anyone's fiefdom, we need an ecosystem to nurture raw talent

Also See