Kerala 'hugging row' resolved, school principal says boy allowed to write board examinations
In a relief to a class XII boy student who was suspended for hugging a girl, the management of the school here revoked the disciplinary action and allowed him to write the coming board examinations
Thiruvananthapuram: In a relief to a class XII boy student who was suspended for hugging a girl, the management of the school here revoked the disciplinary action and allowed him to write the coming board examinations.
"It is all resolved and the boy who already wrote the internal exam will be allowed to appear for the coming examinations. There is no problem whatsoever", the school Principal Sebastian T Joseph told PTI, adding, "we are for the welfare of the children".
The girl student could also continue in the school and there was no issue on that also, he said.
Related Articles
Congress MP Shashi Tharoor had held a meeting with the representatives of the of the church-run school management and the parents of the students a few days ago to find a way out to settle the matter.
The meeting arrived at a general consensus to resolve the issue.
Tharoor later tweeted that "there are still some i’s to be dotted & t’s to be crossed but we are almost there...I applaud all involved for having approached the issue in a constructive spirit. This has to be win-win: the school must win back its reputation &the kids their academic careers," he said.
There are still some i’s to be dotted & t’s to be crossed but we are almost there. I applaud all involved for having approached the issue in a constructive spirit. This has to be win-win: the school must win back its reputation &the kids their academic careers. https://t.co/bZTl1GipWn
— Shashi Tharoor (@ShashiTharoor) December 29, 2017
The St Thomas Central School at nearby Mukkolakkal has been in the eye of a storm after the incident which occurred on 21 July came to the media glare nearly five months later last week.
The boy had hugged the 11th standard girl student after her performance in a music competition following which the management had suspended him.
also read
SC agrees to hear plea against High Court order on the release of 'The Kerala Story'
The Kerala High Court said that owing to the secular nature of Kerala's society, people will accept the film for what it is. The court also asked the petitioners how the movie, which it observed is fiction and not history, would create sectarianism and conflict in society
Kerala boat capsize: Death toll rises to 22, owner converted fishing boat for tourist services
Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan announced Rs 10 lakh compensation to the kin of victims and said the government will bear the treatment expense of the injured people
The Kerala Story: High Court throws out petition, refuses stay on film
While handing out its judgment, a division bench comprising Justice N Nagaresh and Justice Mohammed Nias CP asserted that the secular Kerala society will accept the film for what it is, adding that the movie is not expected to create sectarianism and conflict in the society



