The Eastern Central Railway (ECR) of Indian Railways has announced 1,899 vacancies and started the recruitment process for hiring apprentices; the details of which are on its official website rrcecr.gov.in
According to News18, the ECR plans to engage 1898 candidates for apprenticeship training under the Apprentices Act 1961. Interested candidates may apply before 5 pm on 28 February. Anyone between the age of 15 to 24 years may apply.
The vacancies are for posts in Danapur, Dhanbad, Mughalsarai and Samastipur division, The Indian Express reported. The candidate must have cleared Matriculation/Class 10 examination or its equivalent (under 10+2 examination system) with minimum 50 percent marks in total, from recognised board and ITI in relevant trade, according to the report.
The Western Railway has also announced recruitment drive for the posts of Junior Engineer, tradesman and others. Those who are eligible can apply on or before 14 February by 6 pm.
Steps to apply
- Candidates can apply online by visiting rrcecr.gov.in and going to 'Important Section'
- The detailed instructions for filling up online applications are available on the website.
- Candidates are required to fill up their personal details/bio-data on the website while filling up the form.
- Candidates will have to pay a non-refundable fee of Rs 100.However, women candidates and those from SC/ST/PWD are exempted from paying a fee.
- While submitting the online application, a registration number will be issued to each applicant.
- Keep the registration number and take a printout of the confirmation page for further reference.
Updated Date: Feb 13, 2018 21:08 PM