Delhi Nursery admission 2021 begins tomorrow: Check selection criteria, documents, last date of application here

Once schools release the list of selected students, if the number of children exceeds the number of seats, they will be selected on the basis of a computerised draw of lots

FP Trending February 17, 2021 17:13:35 IST
Delhi Nursery admission 2021 begins tomorrow: Check selection criteria, documents, last date of application here

Representational image. Unsplash

The admission process for enrolling students to nursery will commence on 18 February in Delhi-based private unaided schools.

While last year the admission process had commenced in November, this year it has seen a delay in the process due to the COVID-19 pandemic, a report in The Indian Express said.

The report added that the schools will upload their admission criteria today and parents can start making applications from 18 February on behalf of their wards.

The application process will remain open till 4 March.

The report also said that once schools release the list of selected students, if the number of children exceeds the number of seats, they will be selected on the basis of a computerised draw of lots.

As per a report in NDTV, around 1,700 schools in the National Capital will participate in the admission process. The first list for admission will be published on 20 March and the second list will be published on 25 March. The admission process will end on 31 March.

The schedule is for the general category seat admission, which constitutes about 75 percent. The schedule for the remaining 25 percent seats reserved for the economically weaker section and disadvantaged categories will be announced soon.

As per a report in India Today, documents needed for the admission include a passport-size photograph of the child, mother’s/father’s/guardian’s passport size photograph, family photograph, address proof, child's birth certificate, and the child's Aadhaar card.

Here's how to register for Delhi Nursery Admission 2021:

Step 1: Guardians of candidates need to visit the official website of the school they want to apply for.

Step 2: Click on the "Admissions 2021-22" tab on the homepage which will redirect them to a login window.
Step 3: Guardians need to register their ward by filling in the required information and by uploading the required documents.

Updated Date:

Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro at ₹499 for the first year. Use code PRO499. Limited period offer. *T&C apply

also read

India's slow COVID-19 vaccination rate puts gains at peril; private sector involvement must to expand coverage
India

India's slow COVID-19 vaccination rate puts gains at peril; private sector involvement must to expand coverage

It is important to reiterate that the argument of 'natural herd immunity' remains largely a thereotical one, and cannot be relied on to mitigate the disease, especially with millions of vaccine doses ready

Revamped hockey national championships to begin in March after a year's break
Sports

Revamped hockey national championships to begin in March after a year's break

The new format aims to maximise athlete participation and develop the game in the states, union territories, institutional units and academies.

In LS, Nirmala Sitharaman says Budget laid path for Aatmanirbhar Bharat, alleges Rahul Gandhi becoming 'doomsday man'
India

In LS, Nirmala Sitharaman says Budget laid path for Aatmanirbhar Bharat, alleges Rahul Gandhi becoming 'doomsday man'

Sitharaman said the challenges of the pandemic did not deter government from undertaking reforms for maintaining long term goals of the country