Andhra Pradesh Class 10 exams to be held two weeks after lockdown ends, schedule to be released soon, says state education minister
The Andhra Pradesh education minister said the exams would be conducted adhering to all the safety guidelines such as social distancing.
Andhra Pradesh education minister Adimulapu Suresh has said the Class 10 board exams in the state will be held two weeks after the coronavirus lockdown is lifted, according to several media reports.
The minister said the schedule for the Class 10 examinations would be released soon, according to a report in The Hindu .
The announcement by Suresh came after Union Human Resource Development Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank held a meeting with state education ministers through video conferencing.
According to a report in the Deccan Herald, the Andhra Pradesh Secondary School Certificate board exams were slated to be conducted from 31 March to 8 April. The exams were deferred in view of the rising cases of coronavirus and the nationwide lockdown imposed to contain the spread of the infection.
Follow latest updates on coronavirus outbreak
The state education minister said the exams would be conducted adhering to all the safety guidelines such as social distancing.
Pokhriyal had asked education ministers of states to make use of digital education, online classes to help students continue learning during the COVID-19 lockdown.
Meanwhile, the Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister of YS Jagan Mohan Reddy has asked the education department to prepare the time-table for SSC exams.
According to Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Andhra Pradesh has over 1330 cases of COVID-19. The deadly virus has claimed the lives of over 30 people in the state. Across India, coronavirus has infected close to 32,000 people and killed over 1,000.
UK parliamentary committee publishes Boris Johnson's 'partygate' evidence
Parliament's Committee of Privileges, which has been looking into statements Johnson made to parliament in December 2021, said last week the former leader would also provide oral evidence to the committee in a televised session on March 22.
10 more people charged in $250M federal food program fraud
A total of 60 people have now been charged in the conspiracy, in which authorities say a group of people took advantage of rules that were relaxed during the COVID-19 pandemic and falsely claimed they were providing food to children.
This is why Beijing's population has declined for 1st time in 2 decades
Beijing's population decline was in line with national trends, with China's population falling last year for the first time in six decades