New Delhi: A court here Thursday fixed 30 May to deliver its order on a plea by Shahid Usman Balwa, an accused in the 2G spectrum allocation case and Swan Telecom promoter, seeking withdrawal of answers he filed in response to the court's query.
Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) Special Judge OP Saini, who was scheduled to deliver the order Thursday, said he will pronounce it Friday as the order was not ready.
Special public prosecutor UU Lalit Thursday submitted that Balwa's earlier contention that he had failed to understand the questions was not an "inadvertent error" but a "smart and calculated" move.
The CBI last week requested the court hearing the 2G spectrum allocation case to cancel the bail of Balwa.
Balwa termed it a mistake.
"This was a bona fide mistake and the same was neither intentional nor deliberate but only due to an inadvertent error of recording the answers on the court's computer," he said.
Balwa faced the court's ire with Judge Saini saying he "deserved" to be taken into custody for his misconduct.
On 27 March, Balwa was handed over a document with 1,700 questions running into 824 pages by the court. The questions were part of recording of the statement of the accused in the case.
Updated Date: May 29, 2014 19:49:14 IST