Lockdown 4.0 guidelines in Delhi: Arvind Kejriwal says autos, buses, cabs allowed with conditions, shops to open on odd-even basis
The country has entered into the fourth phase of the coronavirus lockdown from 18 May. The Central government has given considerable flexibility to the states in deciding red, green, and orange zones for the lockdown 4.0 that will be effective till 31 May. Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Monday laid out the guidelines for the national capital.
“We used lockdown period to make arrangements to deal with COVID-19. We have to slowly move towards opening the economy,” Kejriwal said.
What is allowed in Delhi during lockdown 4.0
• Taxis and cabs will be allowed but only two passengers apart from the driver are permitted at a time.
• Auto-rickshaws and e-rickshaws will be allowed to ply but with only 1 passenger each.
• Buses are allowed to run with not more than 20 passengers.
“Passengers will be screened before he or she boards the bus. The transport department will ensure that social distancing norms are followed at all the bus-stops as well as inside the bus,” the Delhi chief minister said.
• Private offices in Delhi have got the nod to operate at full strength, but Kejriwal has said that they should try to ensure that most of the staff work from home.
• Markets are allowed to open shops on odd-even basis.
• Sports complexes and stadiums can open for athletes but without spectators.
• Restaurants can operate for home-delivery. They are, however, not permitted to open for dining.
• Construction activities can start by involving labourers who are presently in Delhi.
• Markets are allowed to open with staggered timings.
• Two-wheelers can now ply but pillion riding isn’t allowed. Four-wheelers with only two passengers are permitted on Delhi streets.
• Not more than 50 people are allowed in marriage functions. A maximum of 20 people can attend funerals.
What is not allowed in Delhi during lockdown 4.0
• Barber shops, spas and salons will remain closed during the lockdown.
• No one will be allowed to step out between 7 pm to 7 am. People can step out only for essential services.
• Cab aggregators cannot provide carpooling or car-sharing services during this time
• Delhi Metro, schools, colleges, shopping malls and swimming pools will remain closed.
• No religious gatherings are permitted till 31 May.
• No activity will be allowed in containment zones in Delhi.
Kejriwal has been saying that the nationwide COVID-19 lockdown that has been in place since 25 March and has been extended subsequently has resulted in revenue loss for the national capital.
Delhi has so far reported 160 deaths due to COVID-19. More than 10,000 people have tested positive for the virus.
Updated Date: May 18, 2020 21:25:04 IST
Tags : Arvind Kejriwal, Containment Zone In Delhi, Containment Zones In Delhi, Coronavirus, Coronavirus India, COVID-19, Delhi Guidelines, Delhi Lockdown, Delhi Lockdown 4.0, Delhi Lockdown News, Delhi Lockdown Update, Guidelines For Lockdown Delhi, India Lockdown, Kejriwal, Lockdown 4 Delhi, Lockdown 4 In Delhi, Lockdown 4.0 Delhi, Lockdown 4.0 Delhi Guidelines, Lockdown 4.0 Guidelines Delhi, Lockdown Delhi, Lockdown Extension In Delhi, Lockdown In Delhi, Lockdown In India, Lockdown India, Lockdown News Delhi, NewsTracker
Why social distancing is still the most effective non-pharmaceutical intervention for COVID-19
Studies suggest even mild symptoms of COVID-19 can cause severe damage to lungs, heart and brain
COVID-19 Treatment: Bemcentinib, Heparin and 3 other drugs to be tested by UK in their ACCORD programme
Hydroxychloroquine sustained dose and PPE can reduce COVID-19 risk in healthcare workers, ICMR study says
COVID-19 Testing: Gold nanoparticle-based test kit can give results within 10 minutes
New French study suggests 10% of diabetes patients who contract COVID-19 die within a week
Coronavirus Outbreak Updates: 2,091 people test positive for COVID-19 in Maharashtra today; confirmed cases rise to 54,758 in state
Coronavirus Outbreak Updates: 459 people test positive for COVID-19 in Pune today, total number of cases rises to 6,153
Coronavirus Outbreak Updates: Gujarat BJP MLA Balram Thawani tests positive for COVID-19; 423 new cases reported in state today
Coronavirus Outbreak Updates: Mumbai reports 1,382 new COVID-19 cases; confirmed infections rise to 25,317
Coronavirus Outbreak Updates: Junior assistant in Delhi LG's office tests positive for COVID-19; samples from 40 staff members taken
Coronavirus Outbreak Updates: Film producers' association writes to Uddhav Thackeray requesting resumption of film and TV shoots