Israel's Rafael, India's Reliance in JV for air defense systems | Reuters

JERUSALEM State-owned Israeli defense contractor Rafael Advanced Defense Systems and India's Reliance Defense said on Tuesday they are setting up a joint venture in India to produce air to air missiles, air defense systems and observation balloons. The companies will address programs valued at $10 billion over the next decade. Reliance Defense, a unit of Reliance Infrastructure ( RLIN.NS ), will hold 51 percent of the joint venture and Rafael, one of Israel's largest defense firms, will hols the other 49 percent.

hidden March 29, 2016 19:15:18 IST
Israel's Rafael, India's Reliance in JV for air defense systems
| Reuters

Israels Rafael Indias Reliance in JV for air defense systems
 Reuters

JERUSALEM State-owned Israeli defense contractor Rafael Advanced Defense Systems and India's Reliance Defense said on Tuesday they are setting up a joint venture in India to produce air to air missiles, air defense systems and observation balloons.

The companies will address programs valued at $10 billion over the next decade.

Reliance Defense, a unit of Reliance Infrastructure (RLIN.NS), will hold 51 percent of the joint venture and Rafael, one of Israel's largest defense firms, will hols the other 49 percent.

Rafael is a market leader in the air to air missile segment with products such as Python and Derby. Its air defense systems portfolio includes a number of short and medium range missiles.

Rafael has already provided large aerostat systems to the Indian Air Force for its surveillance, reconnaissance, communication and intelligence needs, the companies noted.

The joint venture will offer the entire range of products in these fields to the Indian armed forces, they added.

(Reporting by Steven Scheer)

This story has not been edited by Firstpost staff and is generated by auto-feed.

Updated Date:

also read

At least 30 dead, including 10 Palestinian children as Israel-Gaza violence escalates
World

At least 30 dead, including 10 Palestinian children as Israel-Gaza violence escalates

Benjamin Netanyahu warned that the Israel Defense Forces would now intensify their attacks. Hamas, which rules the Gaza Strip, "will be hit in ways that it does not expect," the prime minister warned

Man kills six, then self, at Colorado birthday party shooting; governor terms deaths 'devastating'
World

Man kills six, then self, at Colorado birthday party shooting; governor terms deaths 'devastating'

The shooting happened just after midnight in a mobile home park on the east side of Colorado Springs, police said

George Floyd murder: US federal grand jury indicts four ex-police officers from Minneapolis
World

George Floyd murder: US federal grand jury indicts four ex-police officers from Minneapolis

A three-count indictment unsealed Friday names Derek Chauvin, Thomas Lane, J Kueng and Tou Thao in the case