Ranchi: Statistical highlights of the second T20 International match between India and Sri Lanka that took place on Friday.
- Rohit Sharma (43 off 36 balls) has posted his highest score vs Sri Lanka in T20Is, eclipsing the 29 at Dhaka on 6 April, 2014.
- Rohit's only fifty-plus innings in T20Is in India is 106 vs South Africa a Dharamsala on October 2, 2015.
- In Sri Lanka's innings, four ducks were registered - the joint most for them in a T20I. Against South Africa at Colombo (RPS) on August 2, 2013, there were four ducks in their total of 103 for nine.
- Yuvraj Singh has posted his first duck in T20Is.
- Hardik Pandya (27 off 12 balls) has recorded his highest score in T20Is, eclipsing his previous highest of 2 vs Sri Lanka at Pune on February 9, 2016.
- Pandya hit two sixes during his aforesaid innings.
- Pandya and Suresh Raina were involved in a stand of 59 - India's first fifty-run partnership for the fourth wicket vs Sri Lanka in T20Is.
- Shikhar Dhawan (51 off 25 balls) has recorded his first fifty in T20Is, bettering the 42 vs Australia at Melbourne on 29 January, 2016. His 22-ball half-century is the fifth quickest by an Indian batsman in T20Is.
- Yuvraj Singh had hit a 12-ball fifty vs England at Durban on September 19, 2007 - a world record, followed by 19-ball fifty by Gautam Gambhir vs Sri Lanka a Nagpur on December 9, 2009. Yuvraj Singh had recorded two 20-ball fifties - vs Australia at Durban on September 22, 2007 and vs Sri Lanka at Mohali on December 12, 2009.
- Dhawan has got the Man of the Match award for the first time in T20Is.
- Dhawan and Rohit Sharma were associated in a stand of 75 - India's highest opening stand vs Sri Lanka in T20Is, surpassing the 58 between Gautam Gambhir and Virender Sehwag at Mohali on December 12, 2009. The said partnership is is India's second highest for any wicket vs Sri Lanka next only to the 80 for the third wicket between Mahendra Singh Dhoni and Yuvraj Singh at Mohali on December 12, 2009.
- India's marvellous victory by 69 runs is their biggest in terms of runs over Sri Lanka in T20Is. The said triumph is their third largest next only to the 90-run win over England at Colombo (RPS) on September 23, 2012 and by 73 runs against Australia at Dhaka on March 30, 2014.
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni has become the first captain to in 30 matches as captain. He has lost 24 out of 56 (NR 1 and
Tied 1) - success % 55.45.
- India (196/6) have recorded their second highest total vs Sri Lanka in T20Is behind the 211 for four at Mohali on December 12, 2009. The said total is the sixth highest for India in T20Is - their best ever is 218 for four vs England at Durban on September 19, 2007.
- Tillakaratne Dilshan's second duck vs India is his tenth in ODIs. His tally is the highest by a player in T20Is.
- Ravichandran Ashwin's excellent figures of 3 for 14 are his best in India in T20Is - his second best next only to the 4 for 11 vs Australia at Dhaka on March 30, 2014.
- Thisara Perera (3/33) has recorded career-best bowling figures in T20Is, obliterating the 2 for 19 vs England at Gros Islet on May 13, 2010.
- Perera became the fourth bowler to achieve a hat-trick in T20Is, joining Australia's Brett Lee, New Zealand's Jacob Oram and Tim Southee.
- Brett Lee and Perera are the only two bowlers to have registered hat-tricks in both the formats - ODIs and T20Is.
Find latest and upcoming tech gadgets online on Tech2 Gadgets. Get technology news, gadgets reviews & ratings. Popular gadgets including laptop, tablet and mobile specifications, features, prices, comparison.
Bangladesh ordered a one-week nationwide lockdown on Monday amid a record surge in infections but de Silva said the matches had been confirmed.
Chasing 189 for victory, DC romped to a seven-wicket victory with eight balls to spare after Shikhar Dhawan (85) and Prithvi Shaw (72) struck blistering half-centuries.
The Tigers will leave home Monday with an inflated squad for the two-Test series, beginning on 21 April in Kandy.