Mumbai: Promising opener Jay Bista has been given a No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the Mumbai Cricket Association for a likely move to Uttarakhand.
"We have issued him the NOC on Friday afternoon after he had applied for it earlier this week. But in the NOC, he had not categorically mentioned about the other state which he is joining," a senior MCA official told PTI on Friday.
Bista has played 26 First-Class matches and scored 1,486 runs with an average of 33.
He had made his debut for Mumbai in November 2015 but was dropped from the side soon after.
Younger players like Prithvi Shaw went on to play for India, but Bista kept waiting for his chance.
A source close to Bista said that the opener had an offer from Uttarakhand, which is now coached by domestic stalwart Wasim Jaffer and hence he applied for the NOC.
"He was upset after being dropped despite scoring runs," the source said.
Find latest and upcoming tech gadgets online on Tech2 Gadgets. Get technology news, gadgets reviews & ratings. Popular gadgets including laptop, tablet and mobile specifications, features, prices, comparison.
The top court had taken suo motu cognisance and said it cannot allow the UP government "to hold 100 percent physical Kanwar Yatra in view of COVID"
The Class X and XII examinations in Uttarakhand were scheduled to be held in May, however, the state government cancelled the board exams due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The meeting, which was conducted virtually, welcomed Mongolia and Tajikistan as the 22nd and 23rd members of the Asia region, while Switzerland is Europe's 35th member, with the ICC now comprising 106 members in total, including 94 associates.