India vs West Indies: Only 10 percent of tickets for Rajkot Test sold, reveals Saurashtra Cricket Association

Saurashtra Cricket Association has even distributed the tickets to players, men and women, in all districts of the region to boost attendance at Rajkot.

Press Trust of India, Oct 04, 2018 14:16:35 IST

Saurashtra Cricket Association has only sold 10 percent of the tickets for the series opener between India and Windies in its 25,000 capacity stadium at Rajkot on Thursday.

File photo of Saurashtra Cricket Association Stadium in Rajkot. AFP

File photo of Saurashtra Cricket Association Stadium in Rajkot. AFP

This happens at a time when other state units are haggling for complimentary passes for the following ODI series.

“The situation sadly is opposite here (compared to other state units hosting ODIs). Rajkot is not a big city like Delhi and Mumbai and we were expecting a decent turnout in a smaller city like Rajkot. Right now, it doesn’t seem to be the case as just over 2,000 tickets have been sold. But we don’t know why people are not showing interest. Hopefully, the sales pick up over the weekend,” said veteran administrator Niranjan Shah.

Shah is overseeing preparation for the series opener. SCA has even distributed the tickets to players, men and women, in all districts of the region to boost attendance.

“According to BCCI diktat, 10% of match tickets are reserved for school kids. So they will be attending too. Having said that, it is unfortunate that people are not showing interest,” Shah added.

The cheapest ticket on sale costs Rs 100. As per the new BCCI constitution, 90% tickets of the total capacity of the stadium must be put on public sale, which effectively leaves 10% of complimentary tickets with state units.

Updated Date: Oct 04, 2018 14:16:35 IST


IPL 2019 POINTS TABLE

Pos. Team P W L D Pts.
1
Mumbai
14 9 5 0 18
2
Chennai
14 9 5 0 18
3
Delhi
14 9 5 0 18
4
Hyderabad
14 6 8 0 12
5
Kolkata
14 6 8 0 12
6
Punjab
14 6 8 0 12
7
Rajasthan
14 5 8 0 11
8
Bangalore
14 5 8 0 11
See Full Table





Rank Team Points Rating
1 India 3631 113
2 New Zealand 2547 111
3 South Africa 2917 108
4 England 3663 105
5 Australia 2640 98
6 Sri Lanka 3462 94
Rank Team Points Rating
1 England 5372 125
2 India 5669 121
3 South Africa 4488 115
4 New Zealand 3729 113
5 Australia 4342 109
6 Pakistan 3846 94
Rank Team Points Rating
1 Pakistan 7365 283
2 England 4253 266
3 South Africa 4196 262
4 Australia 5471 261
5 India 7273 260
6 New Zealand 4056 254