The World Cup team of the tournament was picked by ex-internationals Ian Bishop, Ian Smith and Isa Guha, along with cricket writer Lawrence Booth, while ICC general manager cricket, Geoff Allardice, was the fifth member and convener of the committee.
London: England opener Jason Roy, middle-order batsman Joe Root, all-rounder Ben Stokes and pacer Jofra Archer made the team following Sunday’s victory over the Black Caps in a thrilling final where the hosts prevailed on boundary count after a tied Super Over.
New Zealand’s Lockie Ferguson was the only other Kiwi in the side, while Australian pace bowler Mitchell Starc was picked after taking the most wickets in the tournament with 27.
The side was picked by ex-internationals Ian Bishop, Ian Smith and Isa Guha, along with cricket writer Lawrence Booth, while ICC general manager cricket, Geoff Allardice, was the fifth member and convener of the committee.
Indian opener Rohit Sharma, who top scored with 648 runs at an average of 81 was also included alongside team mate Jasprit Bumrah.
Bangladesh’s Shakib Al Hasan was also part of the line-up for his stellar all-round contribution, which included 606 runs and 11 wickets while Australia wicket-keeper Alex Carey was chosen as the man behind the stumps.
World Cup Team of the Tournament:
1. Jason Roy (England) – 443 runs at 63.28
2. Rohit Sharma (India) – 648 runs at 81.00
3. Kane Williamson (c) (New Zealand) – 578 runs at 82.57
4. Joe Root (England) – 556 runs at 61.77
5. Shakib Al Hasan (Bangladesh) – 606 runs at 86.57, 11 wickets at 36.27
6. Ben Stokes (England) – 465 runs at 66.42, seven wickets at 35.14
7. Alex Carey (wk) (Australia) – 375 runs at 62.50, 20 dismissals
8. Mitchell Starc (Australia) – 27 wickets at 18.59
9. Jofra Archer (England) – 20 wickets at 23.05
10. Lockie Ferguson (New Zealand) – 21 wickets at 19.47
11. Jasprit Bumrah (India) – 18 wickets at 20.61
Find latest and upcoming tech gadgets online on Tech2 Gadgets. Get technology news, gadgets reviews & ratings. Popular gadgets including laptop, tablet and mobile specifications, features, prices, comparison.
Before Virat Kohli patted Rohit Sharma as the duo crossed, Suryakumar Yadav made a mysterious signal to Rohit from the dressing room.
Carey recalled their tour game in Bengaluru in 2018 when pacers were equally making impact as the spinners and Mohammed Siraj returned with a match haul of 11 wickets
India claimed the number one position in the ICC ODI rankings after whitewashing New Zealand 3-0 in Indore.