West Indies Vs India Live Score (TEST)
India beat West Indies by 318 runs
India 297/10 (96.4 ov) R/R 3.08
West Indies 222/10 (74.2 ov) R/R 2.99
India 343/7 (112.3 ov) R/R 3.05
West Indies 100/10 (26.5 ov) R/R 3.77
- Miguel Cummins 19,
- Kemar Roach 31
|Miguel Cummins||not out||19||22||2||1|
50 ( 6.5 ) R/R:7.31
Miguel Cummins 19(22)
Kemar Roach 31(19)
Last Wicket 100/10 (26.5 over)
Kemar Roach 38 (31) S.R (122.58)
c Rishabh Pant b Ishant Sharma
- That ends the presentation ceremony of the first Test match of the Series where the number one side has stamped their authority. They get 60 points with this thumping away win in the ICC World Test Championship. They will go into the second Test with a lot of confidence while the hosts, well they have got a lot of pondering to do going into the final Test. The second Test begins 30th of August at 0930 local (1430 GMT). Till then, take care.
- Indian Skipper, Virat Kohli, says that the last time they played here it was outstanding just like today and Rahane was very important to them alongwith KL Rahul in the first innings. Both of them were very strong when they wanted a partenership. The handling of Bumrah over every format is very important for the team, says Kohli. They didn't let him stress out as he didn't play any white ball cricket after the World Cup. Kohli also says that they are pretty settled in the pace attack with Yadav and Saini there too. The important thing is sharing the work load. As a part timer Hanuma Vihari does well and can bowl some quick overs and manage the over rate. On being asked about the role of captaincy, he says it is a responsibility that he is fulfilling and he credits his players for it because although he is the leader but the execution is in the hands of the individuals. He expects the hosts to come out hard in Jamaica and will be wanting a professional performance in all departments from his team.
- MAN OF THE MATCH, Ajinkya Rahane, says it feels really special as he got a hundred after a long time. He says that the partnership between him and Rahul in the first innings was very important, maybe even more important than the hundred. He dedicates the century to the people who backed him throughout this tough phase. Informs that the wicket was pretty damp on the first day and the Windies bowled very well early on. The plan was always about batting on and the runs would automatically come.
- West Indies skipper, Jason Holder praises his bowlers but wants his top order to be consistent. He says that they are leaving too much for the middle order. He further states that they needed to bat better in the first innings. On his team selection, Holder states that they played with the same combination in their last series against England and played really well. Says that they have themselves to blame for this poor performance. Further goes on to say that the Indians bowled really well and spells like these can dismantle any batting lineup. Hopes to turn things around in the second Test.
- Jasprit Bumrah, the man who got a fifer is giving an interview to Murali Karthik. He says that he is feeling good about the win. Says that he along with Ishant were using the wind to shape in and shape away the ball respectively. On being asked by Karthik about his action, Bumrah says that a lot of hard work goes into developing the action, hiding the variations and deceiving the batters. He adds that playing regular Test cricket has helped him a lot. On being asked about the wicket, Jasprit says it was on the flatter side. Karthik asks Bumrah about what the conversations are between the trio of fast bowlers (Shami, Ishant and Bumrah) Bumrah responds that they communicate a lot between them. They suggest each other just to bowl in the good areas even if they are not getting wickets. On being asked some competition with himself after a bit of disappointment in the first innings, Bumrah says it was nothing as such. He was feeling a little sore in the back after returning from the break. Murali thanks him jokingly about earning everyone a one day break.
- Indians extended their domination with a superb batting performance in the second innings with Rahane raking up a ton after a long time. He stitched important stands with skipper Kohli and then Hanuma Vihari. Kohli fell after reaching his half century while Vihari got out pretty close to his maiden ton. Windies bowlers apart from Roach never looked threatening in the entire second innings.
- For Windies, during their first innings, almost all the batters got a start but could not convert them into a big one. Ishant Sharma was the star for the Indians in the bowling department as he picked up a fifer, helping India take 75-run lead.
- Going back, on the first day, Windies started strongly by by taking three quick wickets . But KL Rahul and Rahane got the visitors back in the game with a good stand. Rahane along with Jadeja got to their half centuries and made sure Indians had a decent total on the board. Windies bowlers, on the other hand, were ordinary after making the early inroads and allowed India get ahead by taking closer to 300.
- Bumrah and Ishant started thumping the Windies with wickets at regular intervals. The hosts never recovered and had no answers to those unplayable deliveries. Shami came in and did his bit to dismiss the two Windies batters. Jadeja got some stick from Roach in his 4-over spell but that just delayed the inevitable as Ishant finished the innings with a bumper.
- Sensational stuff from the Indian bowlers to bundle the hosts for their lowest score against India in Tests. First win in ICC Test championships for India with this one. Indians were always favourite to win this match but they were absolutely lethal in doing it.
- 26.5 OUT! CAUGHT! Top Edge and taken. Back of length ball again as Roach goes for a pull. He slices this high in the air. Pant hares to his left to gobble this one nicely. INDIA TAKES THE FIRST GAME OF THE SERIES AS THEY WIN BY 318 RUNS.
- 26.4 Shortish one outside off, Roach goes for an almighty heave but misses it altogether.
- 26.3 SIX! Another one hammered for a maximum. Some hitting this from Roach. 100 up with that and 50-run stand as well. Fullish ball on middle and leg, Roach clears his leg again and lofts this over the mid on fielder.
- 26.2 Goes for a heave to this good length ball on off but mistimes it towards mid on.
- 26.1 Goes for a slower yorker. Roach works it through mid-wicket. Doesn't take a run.