West Indies Vs India Live Score (T20)
India beat West Indies by 7 wickets
West Indies 146/6 (20.0 ov) R/R 7.3
India 150/3 (19.1 ov) R/R 7.85
- Rishabh Pant 15,
- Manish Pandey 2
|Rishabh Pant (W)||not out||65||42||4||4|
|Manish Pandey||not out||2||5||0||0|
17 ( 1.4 ) R/R:10.2
Rishabh Pant 15(5)
Manish Pandey 2(5)
Last Wicket 133/3 (17.3 over)
Virat Kohli 59 (45) S.R (131.11)
c Evin Lewis b Oshane Thomas
- That is it from the T20I series. We know move to the 50-over format in this tour. The 3-match ODI series starts on 8th August, 2019. The match will begin at 0930 Local (1330 GMT). Make sure you join us for that one. Till then, cheers!
- Indian skipper, Virat Kohli says that winning 3-0 feels very good. Credits his team and all the new players who came in for doing well. Special mentions Deepak Chahar for his performance. Adds Deepak Chahar is very similar to Bhuvneshwar Kumar but adds Kumar has more experience to bowl in the death. On Rishabh Pant, Kohli admits they are looking at Pant as the future and they are just trying to give him more space and not put pressure on him. Further adds that the world will see his potential as he has come a long way forward from when he started. Kohli then adds that it is important to have fun and adds that the team they will face in ODIs and Test is a stronger side and they are looking forward to it. The Indian skipper then goes to his teammates to celebrate the series victory.
- Krunal Pandya has been named the Man of the Series for his brilliant performance. Pandya says that it has been a satisfying series and he is happy to contribute in team's win. Tells that the main focus is to improve everyday. On playing against Pollard, he says that Pollard is like his brother and admits they both know their strengths and weaknesses. Laughs and says that whoever is smarter on the day comes out on top.
- West Indies skipper, Carlos Brathwaite admits that they started off badly with the bat again. Credits Pollard for taking them to a good total. Brathwaite credits his bowlers too as they took the game till the last over as he felt it was a below par total. Brathwaite admits he does not know if the batters have technical issues or mental issue as they have looked good in bits and pieces with the bat. Expects the skipper needs to perform and says they have a few series to come before the World Cup. Stresses that they are performing as a team and are looking to find the right balance in the squad.
- West Indies skipper, Carlos Brathwaite admits that they started off badly with the bat again. Credits Pollard for taking them to a good total. Brathwaite credits his bowlers too as they took the game till the last over. Brathwaite admits he does not know if the batters have technical issues or mental issue as they . Expects the skipper needs to perform and says they have a few series to come before the World Cup. Stresses that they are performing as a team and are looking to find the right balance in the squad.
- DEEPAK CHAHAR HAS BEEN NAMED THE PLAYER OF THE MATCH. Stay tuned with us as we hear both the captains' thoughts and find out who is our Player of the Series of this 3-game T20I series.
- India's hero with the ball today, Deepak Chahar is now down for an interview with Murali Kartik. Deepak Chahar says that the atmosphere was good to bowl and if there was swing he was looking to bowl up the pitch. Informs that he came to know that he would bowl with the new ball after coming onto the field as Washington Sundar bowled with it in the first 2 T20Is. Deepak says that the one that comes in to the left-hander is a very crucial ball. Further adds that the ball was not moving away much to the southpaws but it was coming in a lot more. Chahar feels that the ball that comes in troubles the batsmen more as that brings lbw, caught and bowled all into play. Chahar tells that in practice he uses the old ball as that helps him in games if there is no swing. Chahar though admits that the ball does not swing after the second or third over.
- Earlier in the day after a delayed start, India won the toss and opted to bowl. The hosts got off to a brilliant start with the ball picking up early wickets. West Indies though managed to reach a respectable total of 146, courtesy of Pollard who scored a crucial 50. Deepak Chahar was India's star with the ball picking up 3 wickets and giving away just 4 runs in his 3 overs.
- Nothing much to say about the West Indies bowling. Only two bowlers were in the wickets column, Oshane Thomas with two and Allen with one. The latter was economical too but the rest all were expensive given the context of the game. Overall, the bowling was just not good enough to restrict India under this below-par total.
- Easy-peasy run chase for India. They hardly ever looked in trouble. Yes, they lost both their openers early but skipper, Kohli and the young Rishabh Pant steadied the ship and then upped the ante when required. Though the skipper departed before the final hurdle, Pant stayed there till the end and ensured that there was no hiccup.
- 19.1 SIX! Dismissive! What a way to finish the chase! Brathwaite delivers it full and on middle, Pant gives it the full whack of his bat and launches it over the bowler's head for a maximum. Handshakes on the field, India win by 7 wickets and have clean swept the 3-match T20I series.
- Carlos Brathwaite to bowl the final over.
- 18.6 Speedy delivery, very full and wide outside off, Pandey attempts to dig it out but misses. 3 needed more from the last over. 144/3
- 18.5 A touch short and around leg at 133 kph, Pandey tries to pull but misses and is hit on the hand. It rolls on the leg side, Manish looks for a run but is sent back.
- 18.4 Lands it on a length and outside off, Pant stays leg side of this delivery, reaches out and hammers it past the bowler to long off for a run.