West Indies Vs India Live Score (ODI)
India beat West Indies by 59 runs (D/L method)
India 279/7 (50.0 ov) R/R 5.58
West Indies 210/10 (42.0 ov) R/R 5
- Jason Holder 1,
- Oshane Thomas 0
|Jason Holder (C)||not out||13||19||0||0|
1 ( 0.3 ) R/R:2
Jason Holder 1(2)
Oshane Thomas 0(1)
Last Wicket 210/10 (42 over)
Oshane Thomas 0 (1) S.R (0.00)
lbw b Mohammed Shami
- So that is the end from this game! India have taken an unassailable lead in this series. There is still one more ODI to go which is a must-win for the hosts. That is going to be played on the 14th of August at 0930 local (1330 GMT). Till then, take care and goodbye!
- Man of the Match and Indian skipper, Virat Kohli, says it was a good outing with the bat. Reckons the wicket got slower and that is why they wanted to bat. Feels the rain though helped Windies or it would have been even tough to bat on this wicket. Further adds they knew anything above 270 would be challenging. States it was good to perform when his team needed him to score big. Tells a senior guy had to step up especially when the openers who have done so well in the past could not. Also says it was difficult for the bowlers to grip the ball and Batting became a touch easy when Lewis and Pooran were batting. Mentions it would have been a tricky situation had they not got the wickets and luckily it came at a good time. Tells Kuldeep is more lethal against the left-handers and hence, he is in the team and Jadeja gives them more depth in the batting. Praises Iyer for the way he played and says he is a very confident guy and he took a lot of pressure off him and it is a good start for him.
- West Indies skipper, Jason Holder says that he is disappointed to lose the game as they had the game in their hand. Admits that the last 4 wickets fell without adding a lot of runs. Tells that the batters need to take up the responsibility and take the game deep. Adds that the batters need to be better as they have let us down. On his bowlers, Holder gives them credit and says that they bowled really well as it was a good pitch to bat on.
- Shreyas Iyer is down for an interview. He says it was a good day for him, he knew he was going to score runs as he has played here before and it turned out to be his day. States as soon as he went in, he had to build a partnership and says he felt really nice batting with Kohli and he was well-supported. Mentions the wicket was two-paced and he feels 250 was going to be a good score. Further adds Kohli wanted him to bat long and he did so. Ends by saying he wants to fix his place in the team for that he needs to be consistent and he would definitely do his bit.
- Earlier in the day, after winning the toss India put on 279 on the board courtesy of a century from skipper, Virat Kohli and a solid 71 from Shreyas Iyer. Carlos Brathwaite was the pick of the bowlers for the hosts as he ended up with 3 wickets.
- 5 out of the 6 bowlers used by India were in the wickets column. But it was Bhuvneshwar Kumar who was the standout performer. Just when it looked like West Indies were in the driver's seat, Bhuvneshwar came in and his double-wicket over completely turned the tide in India's favour. Kumar ended up with 4 wickets. Shami and Kuldeep scalped two whereas, Khaleel and Jadeja had one apiece.
- Chasing 280 in the allotted 50 overs, the hosts got off to a slow but steady start. Lewis was the commander-in-chief and he was the star batter for the men from the Caribbean Islands. Hope and Gayle departed in quick succession. Lewis though then steadied the ship with Hetmyer and then a rain delay saw the target being reduced to 270 in 46 overs. Hetmyer once again failed to convert his start and fell against the run of play. Evin though continued his good work, scoring a 50 in the process. His 56-run stand with Pooran tipped the match in West Indies favour but once he departed, the others followed suit and from 148/3 the West Indies bundled out for 210.
- Another collapse for the West Indies. From 179/4 the hosts have been bowled out for 210. Making it an easy win for India in the end.
- 41.6 OUT! That is the end of the game! Shami picks the last wicket. He goes full and straight on middle, too good for the number 11. He looks to jam it out but fails to do so. The ball hits the pad. A huge shout follows, the umpire thinks and raises the finger. INDIA WIN BY 59 RUNS (DLS METHOD)!
- 41.5 Fuller on off, this is hit down to long off for one. Oshane Thomas has one ball to play out.
- 41.4 A full toss on the pads, it is worked through square leg and a run is not taken.
- Oshane Thomas is the last man in.
- 41.3 OUT! Another excellent catch! India have been outstanding in the field today and that will be a big factor if they win the game today. First wicket for Shami. A short one on the body, Cottrell looks to pull it over the leg side but gets a top edge as he is rushed into the shot. It goes over point. Jadeja runs back and takes a very good catch. India a wicket away now.
- 41.2 FOUR! Up and over! A one bounce boundary. Fuller and outside off, Cottrell smashes it over mid off and bags a boundary.
- 41.1 A top class yorker on middle, Holder jams it out towards mid off for one.