West Indies Vs Bangladesh Live Score (TEST)
West Indies beat Bangladesh by an innings and 219 runs
Bangladesh 43/10 (18.4 ov) R/R 2.34
West Indies 406/10 (137.3 ov) R/R 2.96
Bangladesh 144/10 (40.2 ov) R/R 3.58
- Rubel Hossain 1,
- Abu Jayed 0
|Abu Jayed||not out||0||5||0||0|
1 ( 1.3 ) R/R:0.66
Rubel Hossain 1(4)
Abu Jayed 0(5)
Last Wicket 144/10 (40.2 over)
Rubel Hossain 16 (33) S.R (48.48)
b Miguel Cummins
- That brings us to the close of a one-sided affair. Although they are ranked 9th, one below Bangladesh, they showed us what they can do if they perform as a team. Bangladesh, on the other hand, have a lot of work to do. They need to adapt quickly to these bouncy tracks if they are to pose any kind of challenge to the home side. Join us from 12th of July for the 2nd and final Test of this series in Jamaica at 1000 Local (1500 GMT). Till then, cheers!
- Man of the Match, Kemar Roach, says he has played a couple of times against Bangladesh and has always done well against them. Mentions the pitches here have helped him a lot and they are a fast bowler's delight. Ends by saying Shannon Gabriel has always been fantastic and Miguel Cummins and Jason Holder provide great support.
- Windies skipper, Jason Holder, says it is good to start the series well. Adds further he never thought this game would be so easy but their bowlers were exceptional and they set up the victory. Admits they still have a lot to improve and he hopes to carry forward the momentum in the second game. Appreciates the effort put in by the pace bowlers. Ends by saying they were disappointed after losing the last Test against Sri Lanka but is pleased to take a 1-0 lead in this series.
- Bangladesh skipper, Shakib Al Hasan, says they knew it was going to be tough and they have been beaten comprehensively in all three departments. Admits it is not easy to adapt to these conditions but they will have to do so in the next match. Credits the way Nurul Hasan batted and also appreciates how Abu Jayed bowled on his debut. Ends by saying he is a good prospect for the future.
- Gabriel came out this morning and picked up a fifer, his third this year, also the most by a bowler in 2018. The final resistance from Hasan and Hossain did last 79 balls but that was it. The Windies were a far superior team and gave the visitors a proper thrashing.
- The away side didn't learn from their mistakes and were at sea one more time with the bat. A slight niggle forced Roach to stay away from action but this time, Shannon Gabriel came into the limelight. There was a danger of the tourists getting bowled out on Day 2 itself but somehow they survived. Gabriel was in his elements as he took four quick wickets while Holder picked up two before the close of Day 2.
- After that, the hosts batted nicely as well. Kraigg Brathwaite was the hero as he played a gutsy knock and scored a brilliant ton. Devon Smith and Shai Hope scored fifties as well while there were useful contributions all through, five 50+ stands to be precise. Amidst all this, a mini comeback from the spinners, Shakib and Mehidy did give them some hope but they were already way behind, conceding a lead of 373.
- Earlier, Holder won the toss and asked Shakib & Co to bat on a greenish track. The tourists were found wanting against the moving ball as Kemar Roach literally broke the backbone of the opposition, taking a fifer inside the first hour of the match. Cummins & Holder ensured that the downfall continued, bowling Bangladesh out for 43, their lowest score in a Test innings.
- This has been a brilliant all-round display from the hosts and they have beaten the visitors black and blue. The victory margin could have been more for the Windies but the Bangladeshis showed some application for the first time in this game (this morning), delaying the inevitable. Apart from the brilliant fifty from Nurul Hasan and some resistance from Rubel Hossain, the visitors disappointed with the bat once again.
- 40.2 OUT! That's the final nail in the coffin! Back of a length ball on middle and leg, Hossain clears his front leg and tries to hammer it across the line but misses to find the furniture behind him disturbed. Big smiles among the hosts' players. WINDIES WIN BY AN INNINGS AND 219 RUNS!
- 40.1 Back of a length ball, punched out off the back foot.
- 39.6 Similar ball, similar result. 144/9
- 39.5 Outside off, left alone.
- 39.4 Spinning away from Jayed who tries to defend it but gets beaten.
- 39.3 Tossed up ball, kept out watchfully.