Sri Lanka Women Vs Bangladesh Women Live Score (T20)
Sri Lanka Women beat Bangladesh Women by 9 wickets
Bangladesh Women 91/8 (20.0 ov) R/R 4.55
Sri Lanka Women 92/1 (15.3 ov) R/R 6.01
- Hasini Perera 20,
- Anushka Sanjeewani 16
|Hasini Perera||not out||39||53||5||0|
|Anushka Sanjeewani (W)||not out||16||18||2||0|
41 ( 6.4 ) R/R:6.15
Hasini Perera 20(22)
Anushka Sanjeewani 16(18)
Last Wicket 51/1 (8.5 over)
Chamari Atapattu 30 (22) S.R (136.36)
st Nigar Sultana b Nahida Akter
- Right! This game is out of the way. Now, the match which the whole of Australia would be eagerly waiting for. And perhaps, the semi-finalists from Group B - Australia versus New Zealand. Do not be surprised if the number of Kiwi supporters outdo the Aussie ones. That game begins at 3 pm local (0400 GMT). Do join us for that quarter-final.
- Victorious Sri Lankan skipper, Chamari Atapattu, is very happy with this win. Says that this was a very tough game for them but the batters and bowlers did well. On the emotions pouring out in the final game of Shashikala Siriwardene, Atapattu says that she will miss her, calling Shashikala her big sister. Tears flow down her cheeks as she remembers the support given by Shashikala to her and says that she has retired as a champion.
- Bangladesh captain, Salma Khatun, says that the batting was not great while the fielding was poor. But reckons that the team is good, albeit not performing. On future plans, Salma says that they will rest for a while now, back at home and then play League cricket.
- SHASHIKALA SIRIWARDENE HAS BEEN NAMED THE PLAYER OF THE MATCH, in her final game. Suppresses her tears and says that it is not easy to leave the sport after playing for 17 years, hence the emotions. States that she will miss the team and the generations which played with her. Thanks everyone for protecting her and nursing her injuries, which is why she could play for so long. On future plans, Shashikala says that she will be in touch with the game and will look to contribute in some way. On fond memories, she remembers her late father and dedicates her entire career to him. Then her mother and now, her husband, for supporting her to play cricket post marriage. Then, she remembers her coaches through childhood and the physios, coaches, etc... Comes down to media support, fans, etc.. and hopes that they will continue to support the team. Thanks all her captains and wishes Chamari Atapattu all the best for the future.
- Forgetful way to end the tournament for Bangladesh. They gave their best in their first game but then slipped from the next. They gave India a run for their money, were hammered by Australia, blew up a simple run chase against New Zealand and looked listless here. Apart from Ritu Moni, no one even looked like taking a wicket. Please stay tuned to find what the captain thinks about the game...
- Earlier in the day, a disciplined bowling performance saw Sri Lanka restrict Bangladesh to just 91. The fielding was impressive, something which we did not see at all in the previous three games. Did the fact that there was no pressure in this dead rubber, enable them to give their best?
- Why below-par? Because the performance in this game was not seen in any of their previous ones. The batting has all been about Chamari Atapattu but in this match, the batting showed its true potential. Hasini Perera started the attack and then Anushka Sanjeewani played beautifully.
- Wooden spoon avoided by Sri Lanka. They have earned their biggest T20I win, in terms of wickets and it is a fitting send-off to the legend Shashikala Siriwardene. A consolation win in a below-par tournament.
- 15.3 FOUR! That is the game. Full and around off, Hasini gets down and across and paddles it over the keeper to the fine leg fence. SRI LANKA WIN BY 9 WICKETS AND 27 BALLS TO SPARE!
- 15.2 Punches this off the back foot for a single towards deep mid-wicket.
- 15.1 Full and outside off, slog swept to deep mid-wicket for a single.
- Nahida Akter to bowl out now. 3-0-12-1 so far.
- 14.6 Works this down the leg side for a single. 86/1
- 14.5 Landed outside off, played straight to point.
- 14.4 Full and outside off, Hasini looks to slog but misses. The keeper too, misses the ball and concedes a couple of byes.