Sri Lanka Vs West Indies Live Score (ODI)
Sri Lanka beat West Indies by 161 runs
Sri Lanka 345/8 (50.0 ov) R/R 6.9
West Indies 184/10 (39.1 ov) R/R 4.71
- Sheldon Cottrell 0,
- Fabian Allen 0
|Sheldon Cottrell||not out||0||0||0||0|
0 ( 0.1 ) R/R:0
Sheldon Cottrell 0(0)
Fabian Allen 0(1)
Last Wicket 184/10 (39.1 over)
Fabian Allen 17 (14) S.R (121.43)
c Thisara Perera b Lakshan Sandakan
- That's all we have from this match! Third ODI will be a dead rubber but both teams will be going hard for a win for different reasons. Sri Lanka would love to inflict a clean sweep whereas West Indies would like to avoid the same. Do join us on 1st March at 1430 local (0900 GMT) for all the action. Until then, it's goodbye and cheers!
- Dimuth Karunaratne, the Sri Lankan skipper, thanks his teammates first of all. Credits Mendis and Fernando for their fantastic batting performance. Mentions how Wanindu and Sandakan were outstanding, and that the fast bowlers were good as well. On being asked about Major Perera's performance, Dimuth says that he did well with the ball and the bat as well. When asked about Mickey Arthur, their coach, Karunaratne says that is a nice guy and that he supports them at every turn. Adds that he gives them self-confidence on and off the pitch. Ends by thanking the crowd for coming out in such large numbers.
- Kieron Pollard, the West Indian skipper, says that the partnership between Fernando and Mendis took the game away from them after the 2 early wickets. Adds that the ground was big and both the wrist spinners were looking for wickets taking advantage of that. On being asked whether he would like to change something from today's performance, he laughs and says everything. Adds that he is disappointed about how the team failed in crunch moments. Ends by saying that he is disappointed with his own performances today too.
- Avishka Fernando is the Player of the Match. Fernando says that he is very happy with his performance and thinks that he batted really well. Adds that there was pressure at the start with the loss of 2 early wickets and Mendis also batted really well. Ends by saying that he likes to play against the West Indies fast bowlers.
- Angelo Mathews is down for a quick chat. Says that he is very happy with the victory and adds that it was a convincing one for them. Credits Avishka Fernando and Kusal Mendis for the way they batted and the partnership they had and also mentions how the bowlers performed really well. On his wonderful catch, Angelo replies that he wants to contribute in every manner possible and that he has been working a lot on his fitness. On playing his 100th ODI in Sri Lanka, Mathews says he is proud and it is a very big achievement for any person to play so many matches for the country. Stay tuned for the presentation...
- In pursuit, West Indies started steadily but failed to capitalize. They were completely at sea against the Lankan wrist spinners and flopped miserably. Shai Hope once again was the only batsman to present a fight but apart from him, it was a collective failure for the touring team. A thoroughly professional effort in the field by the Lankan Lions and they deserve to be 2-0 ahead in the series.
- A ruthless show one can say! Although it started on a sorry note for Sri Lanka as they lost two quick wickets upfront but that was followed by a record and marathon 239-run stand between Avishka Fernando and Kusal Mendis. Both struck fabulous centuries and propelled the home team to a gigantic total. The West Indian bowling was very flat, however, Alzarri Joseph and Sheldon Cottrell bowled some good overs at the death. Their fielding though was very mediocre with plenty of catches getting dropped and granting Mendis a life when he was on 2 haunted them the most.
- Thumping win for Sri Lanka! They have registered their biggest win against West Indies in ODIs to take an unsurpassable lead in the 3-match ODI series. The Lankan dressing room is all smiles and their players are celebrating in the middle.
- 39.1 OUT! End of the story! Sandakan serves a flighted full ball around leg, Allen aims to go downtown and clear long on but fails to get enough distance behind his shot. Thisara Perera takes a simple catch and SRI LANKA WIN BY 161 RUNS!
- Sheldon Cottrell is the last man in for the West Indies.
- 38.6 OUT! Pradeep strikes with a corker of a yorker. Nails it at the base of off stump, little bit of tail in the air and Joseph is late in bringing his bat down. The off stump goes for a walk and Sri Lanka are just one wicket away from taking an unassailable lead in the series. 184/9
- 38.5 Digs in a short ball on off, Joseph tries his best to pull but misses.
- 38.4 Spears in a full ball on off, Joseph tries to drive but it takes the inner half, strikes him on the front pad and rolls back to the bowler.
- Resumption time! After a delay of little over 10 minutes, the floodlight is restored to its working state. Pradeep steams in...
- Alzarri Joseph is the new batsman. It seems there is a light failure. One of the floodlights has stopped illuminating and we have a delay. The spectators are flashing the back light of their mobile phones. Unfortunately, that cannot help.