Sri Lanka Vs South Africa Live Score (WARM-UP ODI)
South Africa beat Sri Lanka by 87 runs
South Africa 338/7 (50.0 ov) R/R 6.76
Sri Lanka 251/10 (42.3 ov) R/R 5.93
- Thisara Perera 4,
- Suranga Lakmal 1
|Thisara Perera||not out||8||11||0||0|
6 ( 1.0 ) R/R:6
Thisara Perera 4(4)
Suranga Lakmal 1(2)
Last Wicket 251/10 (42.3 over)
Suranga Lakmal 1 (2) S.R (50.00)
lbw b Imran Tahir
- That's all from this match. South Africa got an easy win over Sri Lanka while Afghanistan upset Pakistan in the other warm-up game. On Saturday, teams like Australia, England, India and New Zealand will be in action. Do join us at 1030 local (0930 GMT). Cheers!
- South Africa captain, Faf du Plessis says he is happy with the overall result as the bowlers and the batters got their chances. On Andile Phehlukwayo, Faf mentions that he is a wicket-taker. Says it was just about spending time out in the middle as it is different from the 20-over format. Informs that Quinton de Kock was just being rested.
- Sri Lanka skipper, Dimuth Karunaratne says that it was a flat wicket and reckons that they got off to a good start but could not capitalize. Feels it was not easy against the bowling attack of South Africa. On his personal form, he says he just does basic things and not the fancy things. Adds that it is not easy to bat early on in the innings. Ends by informing us that the injuries to Udana and Avishka aren't serious and they will be back for the next warm up game.
- Andile Phehlukwayo says that it was a good performance and a good outing for them as they got what they wanted. Tells that he just likes to do whatever the team wants him to do. On his preference, Phehlukwayo mentions that he would like to bowl early on. States that it was a good learning experience as they learnt a lot about their bowling and batting. Adds that he is looking to take the confidence heading into the tournament.
- South Africa put up a decent bowling show. Lungi Ngidi provided the initial breakthroughs while Kagiso Rabada bagged the prized scalp of Dimuth Karunaratne. The best bowler on show though was Andile Phehlukwayo who took a 4-wicket haul. Their main spinners were not too impressive as both Imran Tahir and Tabraiz Shamsi struggled. Another thing worth mentioning was the fielding of the African side. Overall a good outing for them.
- Easy victory for South Africa! They never really got pushed in the field and have registered a comprehensive victory. Chasing a 300-plus target, Sri Lanka needed Kusal Perera to fire up front but he bagged a 2-ball duck. Dimuth Karunaratne did well to hold one end up and also constructed a couple of 50-plus partnerships with Kusal Mendis and Angelo Mathews. Although, they never looked like going after the target. A good batting practice for their skipper and Mathews but apart from them, there wasn't much fight shown.
- 42.3 OUT! That looked out and it is out. A great googly by Tahir to fool the batsman. He lands it around off and Lakmal is caught on the back foot trying to deal with it. Fails to put bat on ball and is rapped on the pads. They appeal and the umpire raises his finger quickly. Lakmal takes the DRS but to no use. It shows that the ball is clipping the top of middle stump. That's it then. SOUTH AFRICA WIN BY 87 RUNS!
- Suranga Lakmal is given out lbw! Looks plumb but he wants to use the DRS. Hmm...
- 42.2 Knocks a full ball down through mid on for a run.
- 42.2 Wide! A googly wide outside off, it's left alone by the batsman.
- 42.1 Too full in length and wide outside off, Thisara drives but finds the extra cover fielder at the edge of the circle.
- Imran Tahir is back on.
- 41.6 Short and down the leg side, Perera fails to middle his help-pull shot but still manages to get it away from the keeper. A single taken. 249/9
- 41.5 Short in length on off, Perera pulls it powerfully over mid-wicket. The fielder in the deep makes a sliding stop and they cross for a couple of times.
- 41.4 That's not a shot from a number 11. A lovely cover drive by Lakmal, he pierces it past the cover fielder and gets off the mark with a single.