Sri Lanka Vs England Live Score (T20)
England beat Sri Lanka by 30 runs
England 187/8 (20.0 ov) R/R 9.35
Sri Lanka 157/10 (20.0 ov) R/R 7.85
- Lasith Malinga 0,
- Lakshan Sandakan 1
|Lakshan Sandakan||not out||1||1||0||0|
1 ( 0.2 ) R/R:3
Lasith Malinga 0(1)
Lakshan Sandakan 1(1)
Last Wicket 157/10 (20 over)
Lasith Malinga 5 (7) S.R (71.43)
b Joe Denly
- Normally, in today's age, one does not see one-match series between two top sides. But England and Sri Lanka perhaps had only that much time to squeeze in this match (or series). We now have a change of format, with the Test series coming up. It is a 3-match one, with the first game scheduled to begin in Galle, on Tuesday, November 6, 2018 at 1000 local (0430 GMT). It has been a tri-series so far, with the third team choosing the heavens as its modus operandi. Hopefully, it is a good contest. Do join us for that. Till then, ADIOS! TAKE CARE!
- Victorious England captain, Eoin Morgan, believes that tonight he witnessed considerably improvement in every facet of the game. Is high of praise for his batting unit for keeping the run flow coming in spite of losing wickets. Is proud of his bowlers for doing well with the wet ball. Has an extra word of praise for Joe Denly, especially since he has come back to the national side after 9 years. On being asked about the decision to give him the new ball, Morgan says that he has been following Denly's progress in county cricket and hence the confidence. On England's overall progress, Eoin believes that he is currently leading one of the world's best sides at the moment, but would like to see more consistency. Asked about whether he gained anything substantially from this rain-hit series, Morgan believes that there are always things to learn and this series too, provided plenty of such learnings.
- Sri Lankan captain, Thisara Perera, says that had Sri Lanka not lost early wickets, it would have been a different result. On the poor fielding (they dropped 4 catches), Thisara cites it down to weather conditions, though does not want to make it as an excuse. On being consumed by spin, a foxed Thisara reckons that Sri Lankan batsmen play spin the best but tonight it was not good at all. On pushing himself down the batting order, Perera says that he just pushed better batsmen at the top. Is confident that the Lankan side is going in the right direction.
- JOE DENLY IS THE MAN OF THE MATCH. On being asked about how does it feel on having had to wait for 8 years to represent England, Denly says that it has indeed been a long time but he is proud of the moment, citing that there is nothing better than it. On his performance, he says that the surface was tricky but he somehow managed to get his shots away. On his bowling, he suggests that he had confidence in his leggies and just did routine stuff. On being asked about his chances to make it to the Test squad, a modest Denly says that his job is just to make the most of the opportunities he gets.
- One wonders what would have happened had Jason Roy's chances been taken - even one of them. He was put down on 20 by Udana, then on 34 by Samarawickrama and finally on 41 by Shanaka, before being eventually dismissed for 69. Please stay tuned for the presentation.
- Joe Denly was the surprise pick, with 4 wickets but the real star of the bowling was Adil Rashid, with a 3-fer. Jordan was economical, with 2 scalps. Sri Lanka, well, just tried to hit hard, had a few good shots but ended up missing more than hitting. Thisara Perera got a half century for the records.
- Comfortable win for England. Jason Roy's 69 set things up, albeit he was dropped thrice while with the ball, the visitors were just too good. The yorkers found their mark while the slower ones foxed the batsmen.
- 19.6 OUT! Bowled him! Sri Lanka get bowled out on the final ball. Tossed up, around middle, Malinga comes down the track and looks to slog but misses. Timber. ENGLAND WIN BY 30 RUNS!
- 19.5 Full and outside off, driven through the covers for a single.
- LAKSHAN SANDAKAN is the last man in.
- 19.4 OUT! Taken in the deep. A full toss, Thisara swings it high in the air towards deep mid-wicket. Jason Roy comes running in and takes a very good diving catch.
- 19.3 SIX! Full and on off, Perera swings it massively over long on!
- 19.2 Outside off, a slog and a miss.
- 19.1 A length ball on the pads, Malinga looks to slog but misses. The ball goes off his pads towards short third man and the batsmen take a leg bye.
- Joe Denly to bowl the final over.