South Africa Vs Zimbabwe Live Score (T20)
South Africa beat Zimbabwe by 6 wickets
South Africa 135/4 (15.4 ov) R/R 8.77 | Match Ended
- David Miller 19,
- JP Duminy 8
|JP Duminy||not out||33||26||3||1|
|David Miller||not out||19||13||4||0|
33 ( 3.2 ) R/R:9.9
David Miller 19(13)
JP Duminy 8(7)
Last Wicket 102/4 (12.2 over)
Heinrich Klaasen 22 (15) S.R (146.67)
c Brandon Mavuta b Sean Williams
- So that is it from this game! The hosts once again have emerged victorious and they would now be eyeing a whitewash. Zimbabwe on the flip side, will hope to avoid that in the third T20I which will be played on the 14th of October at 0230 local (1230 GMT). Till then, take care and goodbye!
- Dane Paterson has been awarded the Man of the Match for his excellent bowling performance in the first innings.
- Earlier in the day, the South African bowlers were on song as they bundled restricted the visitors to a small total. Dane Paterson and Robbie Frylinck were the pick of the bowlers. Sean Williams top scored for the hosts but his effort went in vain. Stay tuned for the presentation in a while.
- The hosts would have had a real chance had they taken Klaasen's catch when was on 1 but that was not to be. Taylor dropped him and Klaasen made them pay. His 44-run stand with Duminy took them closer to the finish line. He departed but the latter stayed there till the end and hit the winnings runs for the hosts. The Zimbabwe bowlers did try hard, they even bowled well, with Sean Williams being the most impressive. However, the total put up by their batsmen was way-under par.
- South Africa have sealed the series with a match to go. They have chased down the paltry target quite easily in the end. However, it was not how easy how it reads on the scorecard. They were rocked early as Dussen departed cheaply. De Kock then started finding the middle of the bat but perished after getting a start. Du Plessis too departed soon and at that time Zimbabwe must have felt they were in the game.
- 15.4 FOUR! That is the game! Duminy finishes it off in style. He comes down the track, gets a short ball on his hips, he helps it on its way to the square leg fence. Customary handshakes go on in the middle as SOUTH AFRICA WIN BY 6 WICKETS!
- 15.3 On the body of the batsman, takes off after pitching. Miller tries to flick but gets hit on the gloves and the ball rolls towards mid-wicket for a run.
- 15.3 A bumper on middle, the batsman ducks under it. However, the bounce is too much and it has been wided.
- 15.2 Back of a length around off, guided to point.
- 15.1 FOUR! Only 4 needed now! Slightly fuller in length around off, Miller lunges and times it through covers for a boundary.
- 14.6 Leans ahead and drills it down the ground to long on. Single to the total. 125/4
- 14.5 Closes the face of the bat and flicks it towards mid-wicket.
- 14.4 Miller stays behind the line and blocks it out.
- 14.3 The batsman rocks onto the back foot and punches the ball. They pick up a single.
- 14.2 Full outside off, driven through covers.