South Africa Vs Sri Lanka Live Score (T20)
Sri Lanka tied with South Africa (South Africa win Super Over by 9 runs)
Sri Lanka 134/7 (20.0 ov) R/R 6.7
South Africa 134/8 (20.0 ov) R/R 6.7
- Imran Tahir 1,
- Dale Steyn 0
|Dale Steyn||not out||1||3||0||0|
|Imran Tahir||not out||1||1||0||0|
|Dhananjaya de Silva||4||0||28||1|
1 ( 0.1 ) R/R:6
Imran Tahir 1(1)
Dale Steyn 0(0)
Last Wicket 133/8 (19.5 over)
JP Duminy 9 (7) S.R (128.57)
run out (Akila Dananjaya)
- After quite a one-sided One-Day series, we needed a thriller to shake things up and we got exactly that. South Africa have taken a 1-0 lead in the series which has two more matches to go. Let us hope that the second game will be as exciting as this one. Do join us for that at 1800 local (1600 GMT). Till then, goodbye and take care!
- South Africa captain, Faf du Plessis, says this game was great fun. Feels that his side needed something like this as it tested all the players' character and resolve. On David Miller as wicket-keeper, he says that they just wanted to explore their options and is quite pleased it come off well. Opines that they bowled really well but is surprised with the surface and reckons that in hindsight it wasn't such a good decision to bat second. Praises Lasith Malinga for his outstanding bowling display and mentions that his team can learn a lot from this. On Andile Phehlukwayo (that his middle name is Lucky), Faf chuckles and says that he's never lucky, but then goes on to state that it's his bravery which is his biggest asset. Continues to praise him and says he's happy with the responsibility he's taking on.
- Man of the Match, David Miller, says he didn't expect the game to go into the Super Over, but is happy his team came out on the right side of the result. States that they weren't prepared for this scenario, but is pleased they got the job done. Adds that his and Rassie van der Dussen's partnership was going well, but both lost their wickets in quick succession which wasn't good and that's something they can learn from. On the Super Over, he mentions that they felt that 10 runs would be enough based on the surface, and that they got more was really good.
- Sri Lanka captain, Lasith Malinga, says T20 is an interesting format. Adds that they couldn't get across the line but they tried their best. Reckons that 134 isn't enough in this format, so they tried out different plans but it just didn't work out in the end. States that he's happy with his own performance, he likes the challenge as he can show what he can still do. Still stresses that they'd have liked to win the match. Feels that David Miller played really well and applauds his display with the bat. Says that anything can happen if you keep fighting on every single ball. Ends by saying that he wants his team to continue doing so and give it their all.
- 18 runs were needed in the last 4 overs, but Malinga and Udana both bowled brilliantly in the death and picked up important wickets, bringing the match to a tie. It went down to the Super Over, where South Africa scored 14 off the Lankan captain, but the visitors couldn't match it as Imran Tahir was simply astounding. Don't go anywhere, as the presentation is about to come up...
- What a match, folks! How can you not be romantic about cricket? After how the first innings ended, with Sri Lanka only finishing with 134, that too after a repairing knock from Kamindu Mendis, you'd have thought the Proteas would have clinched this. They lost a few early wickets, but Miller and van der Dussen's stunning partnership turned the tide back in their favour.
- Tahir has held his nerves, he has defended 14 in the Super Over. Top, top stuff from the champion bowler. Forget 14, 5 runs is what he conceded in it. Excellent execution from the veteran leg spinner. He kept it tight, teased the batsmen too with the flight, was brave and got the rewards for it.
- Ball 6: Tahir to Thisara Perera, 1 run, Outside the line of off stump, Thisara hits it over covers and takes a single. It's not enough and South Africa have won this game.
- Ball 6: Tahir to Thisara Perera, Wide, Another one well outside off and across the tramline, Thisara leaves it alone and it's signalled as a wide.
- Ball 5: Tahir to Thisara Perera, No run, Beaten! The quicker googly outside off, Thisara plays at it and misses.
- Ball 5: Tahir to Thisara Perera, Wide, Fired well outside off, it goes across the tramline and it's signalled as a wide.
- Ball 4: Tahir to Fernando, 1 run, DROPPED! Steyn misses a sitter. Tossed up from the leggie, Fernando mistimes the hit towards Steyn at mid off. He spills it and the batsmen cross over.
- Ball 3: Tahir to Fernando, No run, Another dot. Tahir gives it air again and lands it full on middle and off, it spins away as Fernando looks to go big on the leg side but misses.
- Ball 2: Tahir to Fernando, No run, Short and flat outside off, spinning away slightly, Fernando throws his bat at it but misses. Dot ball.
- Ball 1: Tahir to Thisara Perera, 1 run, Flat and quick on leg, Thisara slogs it to deep mid-wicket for a single.