South Africa Vs England Live Score (T20)
England beat South Africa by 5 wickets
South Africa 222/6 (20.0 ov) R/R 11.1
England 226/5 (19.1 ov) R/R 11.83
- Eoin Morgan 15,
- Moeen Ali 5
|Eoin Morgan (C)||not out||57||22||0||7|
|Moeen Ali||not out||5||2||1||0|
20 ( 1.0 ) R/R:20
Eoin Morgan 15(4)
Moeen Ali 5(2)
Last Wicket 206/5 (18.1 over)
Ben Stokes 22 (12) S.R (183.33)
c sub b Lungi Ngidi
- So that is it from this series. England end their South African tour without losing a single trophy. They won the Test series, drew the ODIs and now go back with a T20I series victory as well. It has been a fantastic series. South Africa will feel hard done by as they have nothing to show for their outstanding performance. The Proteas will now welcome Australia T20Is and ODIs. The T20I series between South Africa and Australia begins on Friday, 21 February. The first T20I will begin at 1800 local (1600 GMT). England now travel to Sri Lanka for a two Test match series, starting from 19th March. Join us for those series. Till then, goodbye!
- For his magnificent performance, the English skipper, Eoin Morgan is the Man of the Match. He is also the Man of the Series. Morgan commends both the sides. Tells his guys found it tough to bowl as de Kock and Bavuma took the game to them. Reminds that it was a similar team that chased down 230 against South Africa in Mumbai in the 2016 World Cup so they always believed. Tells any contribution in a winning cause is always a good thing. Says they have enjoyed every bit of the tour and tells everyone have been fantastic to them.
- South African skipper, Quinton de Kock says that they knew it was going to be a good, high scoring game but he is disappointed not to win the game. Says there were mixed emotions and says the guys tried hard but in the end it was unfortunate. On Temba, de Kock says he has not seen him yet and hence he is unsure. Tells there is no point in crying over spilled milk and he is just calm and relaxed about it. De Kock says they are looking to give a couple of boys some opportunity before they get clear about their ideas.
- Earlier in the day, South Africa won the toss and surprised a lot of people by batting first. The batters though backed the skipper's decision and managed to put on a big score of 222 from their 20 overs. Heinrich Klaasen's 66 along with cameos from Miller, Bavuma and de Kock helped the hosts get to the total. Tom Curran's brilliant bowling saved 10-15 runs for his side and in the end that proved to be the difference.
- It was a forgetful day for the bowlers and just like English bowlers, South African bowlers too had to face the wrath of the small boundaries and batting friendly track. All the bowlers used by Quinton de Kock went for more than 10 rpo. Ngidi got two wickets but was taken to the cleaners, giving away 55 from his 4. Pretorius, Shamsi and Phehlukwayo all got one wicket apiece but it was just not enough and the Proteas failed to defend 222.
- Chasing 223, England got off to a disastrous start losing Roy early. Buttler and Bairstow though steadied the chase with a solid partnership of 91, with Buttler getting to his fifty. He though soon departed. Bairstow then continued his work with Malan. The former departed with 83 still needed. Malan followed him soon and it looked like South Africa had a sniff but skipper, Eoin Morgan along with Stokes ensured there was nothing like that and the pair ensured that they reach the finishing line. Stokes could not see them over the line but Morgan this time ensured he stayed there right till the end and saw his side home, unlike the first T20I.
- What a match! England have done the unthinkable and comfortably chased down a massive target of 223 and won the series. Handshakes all around but heartbreak for the South African fans. Over 440 runs have been scored and in the end, it is the side batting second who have won the first game in this series and are going home with the trophy.
- 19.1 FOUR! There come the winning runs! Length delivery on off, Ali lofts it over mid off for a boundary. ENGLAND WIN BY 5 WICKETS AND TAKE THE SERIES 2-1!
- 18.6 IN THE AIR...AND SAFE! Short ball on the body, Morgan goes for the pull but mistimes it and it goes away from fine leg. Dwaine Pretorius runs behind it and slides but this time cannot get there. Two taken and the scores are level now. 222/5
- 18.5 SIX! FIFTY FOR EOIN MORGAN! What a knock this has been from the English skipper. He has led from the front and has almost taken them to the finish line here. This should be the game for England. Just 3 needed now. Full on the pads, Morgan lofts his flick over square leg for a biggie.
- 18.4 SIX! Morgan releases some pressure with this shot. Short ball on off, Morgan pulls it over deep mid-wicket. The fielder there jumps but does not get anything on it.
- 18.3 IN THE AIR AND DROPPED! Pretorius is the culprit. A tough chance but he should have taken it. Bouncer around the body, Moeen looks to pull but mistimes it and it goes high in the air. Pretorius comes running in and gets there. He slides and gets both his hands to it. Unfortunately he cannot hold onto it. Single taken.
- 18.2 Length ball on middle, Morgan drives it to long on for a single.
- Moeen Ali is the new man in.
- 18.1 OUT! Caught! Don't go anywhere because this match is not over yet. Ngidi is pulling it back for his side here. Length ball on off and middle, Stokes drags it over square leg. Substitute, Beuran Hendricks in the deep jumps and takes a very good catch. We are in for a nail-biting finish again. 17 needed off 11!