South Africa Vs England Live Score (T20)
South Africa beat England by 1 run
South Africa 177/8 (20.0 ov) R/R 8.85
England 176/9 (20.0 ov) R/R 8.8
- Adil Rashid 1,
- Chris Jordan 0
|Chris Jordan||not out||0||0||0||0|
1 ( 0.1 ) R/R:6
Adil Rashid 1(1)
Chris Jordan 0(0)
Last Wicket 176/9 (20 over)
Adil Rashid 1 (1) S.R (100.00)
run out (Dale Steyn)
- Right then, that's all we have from this electric match! England choked towards the end. Next up, in Durban, the second T20I will be played on 14th February at 1800 local (1600 GMT). We are hearing that the weather will be good this time around. Looking forward to your company then. Cheers!
- South African skipper, Quinton de Kock, says that it was quite interesting towards the end. Smiles and says that it was very tight but they knew at the halfway stage that if they keep the basics right they could end up winning. Feels it's always tough to bat in the last five overs. States that he was calm as winning or losing is something you can't control. On Bavuma, he replies that he has worked really hard on his batting and it's great to see him bat the way he is at the moment. Tells that they will enjoy tonight and from tomorrow will plan for the next game. Signs off by saying that it's important to stay ruthless throughout and hopes to seal the next one.
- MAN OF THE MATCH, LUNGI NGIDI says that it was not a great day but is pleased with the way he bowled the last over. Says that he started to get the rhythm and all of a sudden England were on the back foot. Adds that it's a fast-paced format and it's how you bounce back. Mentions that not panicking under pressure was the key and shares that he was told that his job was to get wickets.
- England skipper, Eoin Morgan, terms it an outstanding game of cricket. Says that experiences like these with World Cup around the corner will benefit the team. Adds that both teams left everything on the field and admits that in all the three departments they can do better. Praises South Africa for bouncing back and credits Lungi Ngidi for his spell. On Jason Roy, Morgan calls him the game-changer and considers his top three as the best they have ever produced. On his own form, Morgan replies that he would have liked to see it through but he will continue with the method he follows. Mentions that they are a great bunch of boys and learning a lot from each other.
- Earlier in the evening, South Africa too lost their way with the bat after the first 10 overs. At one stage they looked like getting to a target close to 200, if not more, but some accurate death bowling by England stifled their charge. Chris Jordan was superb at the death whereas the spin pair of Moeen Ali and Adil Rashid left their impact. Stay tuned for the presentation...
- England will be stunned! They have snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. Chasing a tricky target, two partnerships involving Jason Roy put them in control. His stand with Jonny Bairstow was fiery while with his skipper, he kept things under control. Suddenly there was pandemonium after the departure of Jason Roy. South Africa got an opening and barged into it with full force. A few more wickets followed making it tough for England as they required 23 off 12 balls. This was when Eoin Morgan stepped in and the Three Lions amassed 16 runs from the penultimate over, although they lost their skipper in the process as well. Lungi Ngidi then bowled one of the best last overs you will ever see and reversed the chokers tag on England, at least for this evening.
- What a finish! Nerve-wracking in the literal sense! Phew! We just survived a few Super Overs in the recently concluded T20I series involving India and New Zealand and nearly ran into another one here at the Buffalo Park. Superb last over by Lungi Ngidi. He had just 6 to defend and managed to do that with some efficient and smart bowling.
- 19.6 OUT! Run out! SOUTH AFRICA WIN BY 1 RUN! Ngidi sticks with the slower ones. He delivers it full and outside off, Rashid tries to drive but it takes the inner half and rolls towards mid-wicket. They cross for a run. Attempt for the non-existent second but Steyn has calmly under-armed his throw to the keeper and de Kock takes the bails off. Big celebration in the middle. Chokers, who?
- Adil Rashid is the new man in. England need 3 runs off 1 delivery.
- 19.5 OUT! Whoa! Ngidi, you beauty! A clever dipping full ball around off, Moeen steps down for a big shot but is early into the shot again. It goes through and lights the stumps. The crowd roars.
- 19.4 SAFE! Inside edge! Ngidi angles in a slower delivery around off, it's on a length and Ali shuffles across to flick. It seems to have struck him on the pads and deflects in front of square leg. They take a couple. South Africa review but as mentioned earlier, there was some bat involved.
- DRS time! It's all happening out there. Ngidi has appealed for an lbw. Not given. Quinton de Kock opts for the referral.
- 19.3 Swing and a miss! On a length outside off, slower in pace, Moeen is early into the swing of his bat and misses.
- Chris Jordan is the new man in but Moeen Ali will be on strike.
- 19.2 OUT! Another one bites the dust! This match is going right down to the wire, folks! Ngidi deceives the batsman with a slower delivery this time. On a length around middle, Curran mistimes his shot aerially towards deep mid-wicket and Miller takes the skier safely. Morgan is having a tensed look near the boundary line.