Royal Challengers Bangalore Vs Rajasthan Royals Live Score (T20)
Royal Challengers Bangalore 62/7 (5.0 ov) R/R 12.4
Rajasthan Royals 41/1 (3.2 ov) R/R 12.81
- Sanju Samson 28,
- Liam Livingstone 11
|Liam Livingstone||not out||11||7||1||1|
41 ( 3.2 ) R/R:12.3
Sanju Samson 28(13)
Liam Livingstone 11(7)
Last Wicket 41/1 (3.2 over)
Sanju Samson 28 (13) S.R (215.38)
c Pawan Negi b Yuzvendra Chahal
- So that's it from this one. We move on though, as on Wednesday, the two qualified teams face off against each other. Chennai host Delhi at 2000 local (1430 GMT), so do join in for all the action. Goodbye and take care!
- In response, Rajasthan paced the chase well with Samson and Livingstone finding the fence comfortably without taking much risk. When 23 runs were needed in 12 balls, Chahal came on and got rid of Samson. And just when we thought things could get interesting, the rain decided to make an appearance again and the game had to be called off, as we had no more time left for any more breaks. Quite a tame finish, to this game and Bangalore's chances in this tournament. They needed a win but having no result here has officially ended their run in this campaign. This hurts Rajasthan's chances of qualifying for the playoffs. They'd have backed themselves to chase this down but now have to win their last game and rely on other results to go their way.
- What an anti-climatic finish to this rain-marred affair. We waited... and waited... and waited... and waited... and finally, after several gruelling hours passed by, the rain, which came after the toss, subsided and we have a 5-over game. Bangalore went ballistic at the start when Kohli and de Villiers opened and scored 23 runs off the first over, but post that, it all went downhill. Gopal's hat-trick really derailed them and eventually, the home side only finished with 62 on the board.
- Steven Smith walks out to bat now but wait... the rain has turned up once more and that means the game is over! It's been called off.
- 3.2 OUT! Samson is gone. Chahal provides the breakthrough for his side, like he does so often. Slows this up and lands it on a driving length outside off, it turns away as Samson looks to go big down the ground. It goes off the outside edge and skies towards point, where Negi comes under the ball and catches it safely.
- 3.1 Spinning away from outside off, Livingstone goes a step across and kneels down to play the big slog sweep. It goes under his bat and past the keeper. The batsmen steal a bye.
- Yuzvendra Chahal to bowl now. Bangalore will want him to bowl a really good over with just 23 needed off 12 balls now, so that the bowler to bowl the final over has something substantial to defend.
- 2.6 FOUR! We've seen enough of this in this game, the edges will fly and most likely go away. 18 runs off the over, massive for Rajasthan. Length ball outside off, Samson goes after it without any foot movement and gets a thick edge. It goes through the vacant slip cordon and away to the third man boundary. 40/0
- 2.5 SIX! One of the sweetest timers of the ball. Incredible hit. Khejroliya makes the mistake of providing pace on the ball, bowls it full and around off, Samson's eyes light up as he comes forward and bangs it straight back over the long on fence. Maximum.
- 2.4 No wide called. Just on the line according to the umpire. Kulwant angles across this length ball outside off, Samson goes after it but doesn't put bat on ball.
- 2.3 Tries to be cheeky, maybe too cheeky. Livingstone goes across to this full ball well outside off, attempts to scoop it but misses and wears it on the pads. The ball rolls on the off side and the batsmen manage to steal a leg bye.
- 2.2 Plays this on the up. Goes after it with hard hands and hits it down to long off for a single.
- 2.1 SIX! Khejroliya is welcomed in fine style by Samson. A length ball on middle and off, Sanju plants his front foot forward and gives this the full swing of his bat. It's right off the meat and away she goes over the cow corner.
- Kulwant Khejroliya will bowl the third over of the innings.
- 1.6 Excellent delivery. Excellent. Every dot ball is like gold dust. The wide yorker from Saini, Livingstone tries to reach out to it but it's too good for him. Can't make any sort of connection. 12 runs off this one. 22/0