Rajasthan Royals Vs Sunrisers Hyderabad Live Score (T20)
Rajasthan Royals beat Sunrisers Hyderabad by 7 wickets
Sunrisers Hyderabad 160/8 (20.0 ov) R/R 8
Rajasthan Royals 161/3 (19.1 ov) R/R 8.43
- Ashton Turner 3,
- Sanju Samson 8
|Sanju Samson (W)||not out||48||32||4||1|
|Ashton Turner||not out||3||7||0||0|
|Shakib Al Hasan||3.1||0||26||1|
13 ( 2.1 ) R/R:6
Ashton Turner 3(7)
Sanju Samson 8(6)
Last Wicket 148/3 (17 over)
Steven Smith 22 (16) S.R (137.50)
c Siddarth Kaul b Khaleel Ahmed
- Done with this game. Looking forward to Sunday where two games are lined up. First up, Delhi will be hosting Bangalore at 1600 local (1030 GMT) followed by the clash between Kolkata and Mumbai at the Eden Gardens at 2000 local (1430 GMT). Do join us for all the action. Cheers!
- Man of the Match, Jaydev Unadkat is relieved and says that he needed this as he has faced really tough times and this will boost his confidence. Adds that catches were sticking to his hands and in the same breath thanks the management for backing him. States that there is clarity of mind and also they assessed the surface well. Mentions that they knew the pitch will slow down after the Powerplay and it's going to get harder to bat.
- Rajasthan skipper, Steven Smith starts by saying that he landed on the elbow while taking the catch of Warner and hopes it's fine as it hurt him on the impact. Adds that it's a good end to their home season. Feels that the change in pace did work for them and 160 was around par. Praises Liam Livingstone and Ajinkya Rahane for providing the start and then lauds Sanju Samson for finishing things off. Mentions that it's all about playing together as a group and winning the key moments that they didn't at the start. Wants to keep winning. Says that he has got one more game to go this season before he heads back to Australia and hopes to do well for the team.
- Hyderabad skipper, Kane Williamson says that the nature of the surface was such that the new batsman was going to find it difficult. He felt the match was in the balance at the halfway stage. Credits Rajasthan for the way they played. Singles out Manish Pandey's performance and hopes he continues his good form. Tells it is about margins in this format. Admits Rajasthan played well and Hyderabad were looking to squeeze in a wicket or two but were not able to do so. Mentions that he is excited to go back to Hyderabad and wants to play a good game there.
- A thumping win for Rajasthan and they have kept themselves in the hunt with back-to-back wins. It can be termed as one of their better performances this season. Their bowling was right on the money after a poor start with everyone contributing equally. Chasing a target of 161, usually you need one good partnership and their new opening pair provided that. Rahane and Livingstone put together a 78-run stand and that nearly put the chase to bed. Agreed, there were a few stutters in between but Rajasthan never got under any kind of pressure. A word of praise for Sanju Samson also, who batted through and stayed unbeaten. With this win, Rajasthan have moved to sixth in the points table and also, Chennai have become the first team to qualify for the playoffs.
- 19.1 FOUR! Rajasthan win by 7 wickets and stay alive in the tournament! Shakib gets to bowl the final over and he delivers a short ball first up. Samson goes back and pulls it powerfully down to wide long on for the winning runs.
- 18.6 Full toss outside off. Turner swings his bat at it but misses. 157/3
- 18.5 On the pads, Samson looks to flick but it goes off his thigh pad to the on side and they take a single.
- 18.4 In the air but safe. Back of a length ball outside off, Turner looks to pull but his bottom hand comes off the bat. It falls in no man's land and they get a single.
- 18.3 Yorker on middle, Turner does well to get his bat down on time and hit it back to the bowler.
- 18.2 A low full toss on off, Samson nudges it to the on side and gets to the other end.
- 18.1 Good length ball on middle, Sanju flicks it uppishly wide of long on and gets a couple.
- 17.6 SAFE! A length ball outside off, Samson pushes it down to mid off and calls his partner for a quick run. Turner responds and Williamson in the meanwhile scores a direct hit at the striker's end. They appeal but the Aussie is found to be well inside the crease. 9 needed off 12 balls. 152/3
- Appeal for a run out, referred upstairs...
- 17.5 Movement off the surface, it's around off and Ashton plays it late to ease it down towards third man for a run.