Rajasthan Royals Vs Mumbai Indians Live Score (T20)
Rajasthan Royals beat Mumbai Indians by 5 wickets
Mumbai Indians 161/5 (20.0 ov) R/R 8.05
Rajasthan Royals 162/5 (19.1 ov) R/R 8.48
- Steven Smith 2,
- Stuart Binny 7
|Steven Smith (C)||not out||59||48||5||1|
|Stuart Binny||not out||7||4||1||0|
9 ( 1.0 ) R/R:9
Steven Smith 2(2)
Stuart Binny 7(4)
Last Wicket 153/5 (18.1 over)
Ashton Turner 0 (1) S.R (0.00)
lbw b Jasprit Bumrah
- That ends the first game of the double-header on Saturday. Neither team changes its position in the points table. But do not go anywhere. Because the Delhi-Punjab match is on our heels...
- STEVEN SMITH HAS BEEN NAMED THE MAN OF THE MATCH FOR HIS UNBEATEN 59. The skipper has led from the front in the very first game as captain this season.
- Coming to Mumbai's bowling, one cannot say they were too bad but they did not seem to be incisive enough. They were not able to create enough pressure consistently with dot balls and only Rahul Chahar stood out, with his 3-fer.
- Well, so Rajasthan are being a bogey team for Mumbai, aren't they? 2 wins in this season and also a double in 2018! The hosts seemed to plan out the run chase properly. Samson was promoted to open and he got the team off to a flying start. Rahane's dismissal did not affect the home side much because the captain came in. Smith got in a useful partnership with Samson but crucially, he batted till the very end, thereby avoiding a collapse. Not to forget, Riyan Parag played a wonderful knock, scoring 43 from 29 balls. That seemed to hurt Mumbai more, as compared to the Smith knock.
- Another humdinger which should not have gone the distance. But those two wickets in the space of 4 balls changed the course of the game slightly. But with Smith around, the skipper ensured that there was no loss of track.
- 19.1 FOUR LEG BYES! RAJASTHAN WIN! What an anti-climax. A full toss, down the leg side and Binny looks to flick it away. But he misses and the ball goes off the pads to the fine leg fence. Okay. Replays seem to indicate an inside edge.
- Malinga to bowl the last. 4 needed to win. 3 to defend. Can we have a Super Over? Or can Mumbai pull off the unthinkable?
- 18.6 A length delivery on off, Binny plays it to mid off. Single taken. 158/5
- 18.5 Full on off, Smith drives it to mid off for another easy single.
- 18.4 Outside off, punched through the off side for a single.
- 18.3 SAFE AS A HOUSE. Full and outside off, Smith pushes it towards point and sets off for a quick single. The fielder gets to the ball and has a shy at the bowler's end and hits the stumps. They all appeal and the umpire refers it upstairs. Replays show that the bat is dragged well in.
- Is that a run out? A direct hit has got Mumbai excited. Smith looks comfortable. Referred upstairs...
- 18.2 Bumrah bowls this short. Binny plays it towards the mid-wicket for a single. Smart batting. Singles will do for Rajasthan.
- Stuart Binny walks in at number 7, replacing Turner.
- 18.1 OUT! PLUMB LBW! Ashton is gone and is this match turning? Wow, probably for the first time in his life, Turner may not like gold. Second consecutive golden duck for him. This is a ripper from Bumrah. A length ball from outside off, Ashton looks to defend but the ball skids on and catches him in front of the stumps. Bumrah appeals and that looks a dead duck.