Pakistan Vs West Indies Live Score (T20)
Pakistan beat West Indies by 82 runs
Pakistan 205/3 (20.0 ov) R/R 10.25
West Indies 123/10 (19.2 ov) R/R 6.41
- Samuel Badree 2,
- Odean Smith 6
|Samuel Badree||not out||2||2||0||0|
8 ( 1.1 ) R/R:6.85
Samuel Badree 2(2)
Odean Smith 6(5)
Last Wicket 123/10 (19.2 over)
Odean Smith 6 (5) S.R (120.00)
c Mohammad Nawaz b Hussain Talat
- That's all we have for you folks. Pakistan win another series under the captaincy of Sarfraz Ahmed. Tomorrow, 3rd April, Tuesday, is the last and final T20I of the series. Join us then again for that as we bring you all the live updates from the game which begins at 1930 local (1430 GMT). Till then, ta-ta!
- Sarfraz Ahmed, the Pakistan skipper, is all praises to god and his team. He says that it is the players that win him the game and not his captaincy. On his captaincy, he adds by saying that he tries to stay calm and win every game. Opines that the whole staff is good and the boys are doing well to stay fit. Finally ends by thanking the crowd for their support.
- Windies skipper, Jason Mohammed, says that he is disappointed with the team's performance but credits the batters for a better show. He states that it is difficult to set a field for the opposition as they keep on attacking. He ends by saying they will try and win the last game before going back home.
- Babar Azam, the Man of the Match winner, says that he is unlucky not to get to his 100 but is happy with the way he batted. He continues saying that the plan was to bat 20 overs and he did just that. Ends by saying that it helps playing along with Fakhar Zaman as he takes away the pressure from him so that he can play his game.
- Rameez Raja is down with Shadab Khan for an interview. The leggie states that he cannot grip the ball when there is dew so prefers bowling the leg spin instead of the googly. He says that there is a good atmosphere in the dressing room with the youngsters and they enjoy their time together. He adds by saying that they feel confident after the Pakistan T20 League and now are happy with the series win. Ends by saying that they are high on confidence and overjoyed with the crowd support.
- The hosts were dominant with the ball and energetic in the field. Everybody, barring Faheem Ashraf, contributed to the visitor's downfall. Mohammad Amir showed his class and experience as he led the charge with a 3-fer. The rest did their job and bagged the win for the home crowd to celebrate. Earlier in the day, a century stand between Babar Azam (who barely missed out on a ton), and Hussain Talat and some late lusty blows from Shoaib Malik got Pakistan to a score which eventually proved too much for the Windies.
- Two emphatic wins for Pakistan in two days. They outplayed Windies in all departments and came out victors on the other side of this contest. Chasing a target of 206, the tourists needed a blazing start to stand any chance, but that never happened as the Pakistan bowlers kept things tight and picked wickets at regular intervals. There wasn't a single fifty-run partnership in the Windies innings which should say everything in itself.
- 19.2 OUT! PAKISTAN WIN BY 82 RUNS! Another massive win for the hosts. Fuller ball on the stumps, Smith looks to go big downtown. No distance on this, as it sails towards long off. Mohammad Nawaz there comes running in and takes a good diving catch to finish things up.
- 19.1 Angling in on middle and leg, worked through mid-wicket for a run.
- Hussain Talat will bowl the final over of the game.
- 18.6 FOUR! Smashed! Full and just outside off, Smith makes room for himself and hits it hard between cover and mid off for a boundary. 122/9
- 18.5 Outside off on a length, Smith plays and misses.
- 18.4 Quite full again, this time Smith drives it through mid on and gets two runs for it.
- 18.3 Extremely full, on off stump, played right back to the bowler.
- 18.2 Short of a good length outside off, Badree rises on his toes and drops it on the off side for a single.