Pakistan Vs Sri Lanka Live Score (T20)
Sri Lanka beat Pakistan by 13 runs
Sri Lanka 147/7 (20.0 ov) R/R 7.35
Pakistan 134/6 (20.0 ov) R/R 6.7
- Iftikhar Ahmed 10,
- Wahab Riaz 12
|Iftikhar Ahmed||not out||17||8||1||1|
|Wahab Riaz||not out||12||6||0||1|
23 ( 2.0 ) R/R:11.5
Iftikhar Ahmed 10(6)
Wahab Riaz 12(6)
Last Wicket 111/6 (18 over)
Sarfaraz Ahmed 17 (16) S.R (106.25)
b Wanindu Hasaranga
- Dasun Shanaka is handed over the trophy and his teammates surround him to pose for the cameras. Big moment for a young team. They were written off even before this T20I series kicked off and have managed to surprise one and all. That's all we have from this Sri Lankan tour of Pakistan. The touring team will fly back home as a satisfied unit whereas the hosts have got a reality check in this format. How will they respond? We will find that out soon. Until next time, it's goodbye and cheers!
- Victorious Sri Lankan skipper, Dasun Shanaka says that it's a good victory and thanks the Pakistani crowd for supporting them as well. Mentions that all the players were bonded and terms it the key for their success. States that all his players are equally talented and their unity was the secret. Feels that if you play smart cricket, there is always a chance to win. Believes that they took good calls in the middle which helped them win the series. Thanks the PCB and the Pakistani crowd for inviting them for a series.
- Pakistan skipper, Sarfaraz Ahmed starts by saying that they recovered well with the ball and had a good partnership going as well during the chase but then they could not get the momentum after the 10 overs and that cost them the match. Rues the dropped catches and their bowling in the middle overs. On his batting spot, Sarfaraz replies that the batting position has been the same for quite a while and they wanted to try out as many players as possible before the next series. Admits that they have to work hard in all the three departments, mainly in the middle overs. Concludes by thanking the Sri Lankan team for visiting Pakistan and having a good series.
- Man of the Match and Series, Wanindu Hasaranga! Says that this has been the best that he has bowled in his career. Further adds that he looks to take wickets with his wrong 'uns. On absorbing pressure, Wanindu replies that he tries to bowl as many dot balls as he can.
- Sri Lanka were brilliant in the field. Unlike Pakistan, they were alert and the intensity was top notch. Kasun Rajitha and Lahiru Kumara bowled with a lot of fire and mixed their variations smartly. Wanindu Hasaranga once again stood out and finished with a 3-wicket haul, truly a find for the Islanders. They judged the nature of the pitch and bowled accordingly and it reflects their refreshed mindset as a unit.
- Right at the beginning of the run chase, Pakistan lost Fakhar Zaman on the first ball. After that Haris Sohail and Babar Azam constructed a partnership but it was on the slower side. That didn't take care of the required rate. Babar was rusty in his innings while Haris also slowed down after a promising start. Sri Lanka should be commended for the way they kept their patience when the partnership was developing. All their bowlers stuck to the task and varied their pace judiciously. Eventually, the 76-run stand was broken and the Pakistani chase got derailed. The batsmen who followed never got going and found it tough to time their shots on a pitch which was holding up.
- Handshakes all around! Smiling faces. The Lankan lads are celebrating. They were inexperienced and under a new captain but played fearless cricket to clean sweep the series. The young guns have achieved something that even Sri Lanka's 'first-choice team' has never achieved - A series whitewash in T20Is! Kudos to them. They have beaten the number 1 T20I side! The Sri Lankan boys are taking a lap of honour to thank the crowd.
- 19.6 SRI LANKA WIN BY 13 RUNS! Back of a length delivery around off, Iftikhar rocks back and punches it square of the wicket on the off side for a run. The Lankan players are running in celebration. Fireworks around the ground!
- 19.5 Another dipping full toss on middle, it's hit down to long on for just a run. The crowd has gone silent.
- 19.4 A full toss on middle, it's heaved down to deep mid-wicket for a couple. All over for Pakistan.
- 19.3 Fullish and outside off, Wahab reaches out for it and hits it aerially over backward point. It doesn't carry to the fielder in the deep and they take a couple of runs. Three sixes needed now for a win!
- 19.2 SIX! High and handsome! Shades of Martin Guptill in this shot. Wahab has hit it without even looking up. Too full and around off, Riaz throws all his power behind this shot and hoists it over the bowler's head.
- 19.1 Very full length ball on off, Ahmed drills his drive through covers and takes a single.
- 19.1 Wide! Madushanka begins the last over with a fuller length ball wide outside off, Iftikhar allows it through.
- 28 runs needed. Lahiru Madushanka to bowl the final over. 24 is the most hit by a batter in the last over of a T20I. It was Carlos Brathwaite who did that against England in the World T20 final. Can Pakistan do it?