Pakistan Vs Hong Kong Live Score (ODI)
Pakistan beat Hong Kong by 8 wickets
Hong Kong 116/10 (37.1 ov) R/R 3.13
Pakistan 120/2 (23.4 ov) R/R 5.13
- Imam-ul-Haq 16,
- Shoaib Malik 9
|Shoaib Malik||not out||9||11||1||0|
27 ( 3.2 ) R/R:8.1
Shoaib Malik 9(11)
Last Wicket 93/2 (20.2 over)
Babar Azam 33 (36) S.R (91.67)
c Scott McKechnie b Ehsan Khan
- Game 2 done and dusted. Cannot really say we have made the most of our weekend, can we? But Monday's match promises to be a cracker. It is a do-or-die game for Sri Lanka as they take on Afghanistan in Abu Dhabi at 1530 local (1130 GMT). Do join us. ADIOS! TAKE CARE!
- USMAN KHAN HAS BEEN NAMED THE MAN OF THE MATCH. He too, thanks the almighty and also his parents for supporting him throughout. Says that he always tries to take wickets when he comes on to bowl but today, luck was not with him when he bowled with the new ball. When he came back for his second spell, that time the ball was reversing and he made full use of that. On his injury while bowling, Usman says that it was not anything serious but just a bit of bleeding around the toe which he did not want to ignore. Hopes he continues to do well in his career.
- Victorious Pakistan captain, Sarfraz Ahmed, thanks the almighty and rates the win as an 'easy' performance. Adds that there are small pieces they need to look into. Now, Ramiz Raja wants to know what are those small pieces. So Sarfraz says they should have won by 9 or 10 wickets while with the ball, his bowlers struggled early on. Given that their next match is against India, the skipper understands that all flaws need to be ironed out before the India game on Wednesday. Is not too happy with a few lapses in the field too. Tough guy, the captain. On the big match, he says that Pakistan will always look to give their best against India and September 19 will not be any different.
- Hong Kong captain, Anshuman Rath, says that there were a lot of soft dismissals in the first innings. Agrees that their score was not good enough, especially, when they pride themselves in their batting. Credits the Pakistan bowlers, praises them as top class, but still laments the way his batsmen got out. Is disappointed that they did not show up tonight and did not even offer a fight. On the match overall, Anshuman says that early on, there was a bit of swing and there was some movement too but the batsmen struggled.
- With the bat, well, Pakistan would have wanted to win by 10 wickets but they will be happy that all of Imam, Zaman and Azam got good runs in the middle. They will like to believe that they are in good stead heading into that big clash against India on September 19. And given that this is a game of numbers, how about this - Since 2016, Pakistan have won 14 out of 14 games in white-ball cricket in the Middle East. Please stay tuned for the presentation. Should not be long...
- A mission which Pakistan would have wanted to achieve tonight. Hong Kong is such an opposition where complacency can cost one team and given that other units would fancy themselves to defeat them by big margins, the Men In Green would have wanted to make a statement. The bowlers struggled initially but then smartly lined to bowling tight lengths and restricted Hong Kong to 116. Usman Khan strut his stuff again, with a 3-fer while Hasan Ali and Shadab Khan took 2 wickets each.
- 6th consecutive win in ODIs for Pakistan. Agreed that all of those have been against minnows - 5 against Zimbabwe and one tonight. But still, they cannot control whom they play. Before these 6 games, they lost 0-5 to New Zealand and that is how they started 2018.
- 23.4 FOUR! PAKISTAN WIN BY 8 WICKETS AND 158 BALLS TO SPARE! A short ball, around off, probably rises a shade but no issues for Malik as he pulls it with authority over mid-wicket to end the game. It has barely lasted 60 overs.
- 23.3 MAIDEN ODI FIFTY FOR IMAM! This is the 5th time in ODI cricket that he has reached 50 but the previous four have seen him convert those into triple figures. A simple nudge through square leg to reach that small milestone. Scores are level now.
- 23.2 Could have had his half century there. Outside off, Imam guides it slightly away from backward point and sets off for a single but Malik sends him back.
- 23.1 Outside off, tapped towards point for a single. Can Imam finish this off?
- Aizaz Khan comes charging in as the new bowler but Malik is calm as a rock and just puts his hand up to stop him. Reason? Not ready.
- 22.6 FOUR! Up and over. Good use of the feet. Dances down, gets to the pitch of the flighted delivery and thumps it over mid on. Two bounces and into the fence. Moves to 49. Pakistan need 3 to win. 114/2
- 22.5 Full and outside off, pushed straight to cover.
- 22.4 A short ball again, worked wide of mid-wicket for a run.