Pakistan Vs Australia Live Score (ODI)
Australia beat Pakistan by 80 runs
Australia 266/6 (50.0 ov) R/R 5.32
Pakistan 186/10 (44.4 ov) R/R 4.19
|Yasir Shah||not out||10||17||0||0|
0 ( 0 ) R/R:0
Last Wicket 186/10 (44.4 over)
Mohammad Hasnain 0 (1) S.R (0.00)
lbw b Adam Zampa
- That is all we have for you from this game then. This series has certainly not set the world on fire by any means and it struggles to get any meaningful context, with Pakistan not playing their strongest XI and their bench strength not being good enough to challenge Australia. Join us on Friday, January 29, 2019 for the 4th ODI in Dubai at 3 pm local (1100 GMT) to see whether we get a different delicacy served. ADIOS! TAKE CARE!
- Not surprisingly, Pat Cummins has been named the Man Of The Match. Just his second MOM award in ODIs after his first against England on Australia Day, i.e., Jan 26, 2018.
- It was a welcome return from rest for Pat Cummins, demolishing the top order and not allowing Pakistan a look in. The burst that he produced allowed the other bowlers to build pressure and every bowler apart from Stoinis got at least one wicket. Adam Zampa cleaned up the tail, taking 4 wickets in his last 10 balls.
- There were a couple of partnerships in the middle stages of the innings, one involving Imam-ul-Haq and one involving Umar Akmal but that just delayed the inevitable. No one could hang in long out there in the middle and with the run rate mounting with every passing over, the risks came about but did not quite pay off.
- On paper, 267 does not look a great target but that is where it comes a bit different in Abu Dhabi. The pitch tends to get slower as the game progresses and that is exactly how it turned out. Pakistan did not get a great start and were 16/3 by the 7th over. There itself, the run chase looked stuffed out.
- Easy peasy then for Australia. Series done and dusted with 2 matches to go. Chase was the case in the first two games but not here. Pakistan have clearly not got their best side on paper but make no mistake, the Aussies were at their best.
- 44.4 OUT! Decision overturned and that is the end of the match. Full length delivery on off, turning in for the right-hander. Hasnain fails to read the googly. He fails to connect the bat to the ball while defending. The ball hits his back leg. Zampa appeals but the umpire turns it down. Finch has a chat and then takes it upstairs. Hawk Eye shows the ball will hit the leg stump. A comfortable 80-run victory for Australia.
- Big shout for LBW! The umpire denies it though. Hasnain has been hit in front of the stumps and Australia look confident. Review taken...
- Mohammad Hasnain is the last man in.
- 44.3 OUT! Caught! Number 9 falls and Zampa has his third in the span of 9 balls. Tossed up outside off, Junaid comes down the track and swings hard but is nowhere close to the ball. It spins away, takes the top edge and goes high in the air. Carey calls for it and takes it reverse-cup.
- 44.2 Full and outside off, Junaid comes down the track and heaves it to deep mid-wicket for a couple.
- 44.1 Short and outside off, spinning away, cut through the covers for a single.
- 43.6 Full length delivery outside off, Junaid Khan fails to put the bat on the ball. 183/8
- 43.5 Full on leg, works it towards the mid-wicket region for a single.
- 43.4 Same line and length, Khan this time guides it to third man for a single.