Pakistan Vs Afghanistan Live Score (WARM-UP ODI)
Afghanistan beat Pakistan by 3 wickets
Pakistan 262/10 (47.5 ov) R/R 5.52
Afghanistan 263/7 (49.4 ov) R/R 5.32
- Rashid Khan 5,
- Hashmatullah Shahidi 9
|Hashmatullah Shahidi||not out||74||102||7||0|
|Rashid Khan||not out||5||6||0||0|
14 ( 1.5 ) R/R:7.63
Rashid Khan 5(6)
Hashmatullah Shahidi 9(5)
Last Wicket 249/7 (47.5 over)
Najibullah Zadran 1 (2) S.R (50.00)
lbw b Wahab Riaz
- So that is it from the first Warm Up game! A big win for Afghanistan but another loss for Pakistan. They have a lot to think about. However, there are two mouth-watering clashes on Saturday with Australia taking on England in Southampton and India taking on New Zealand at The Oval. Both the games begin at 1030 local (0930 GMT). Till then, take care and goodbye!
- Afghanistan skipper, Gulbadin Naib, says it is a great victory for their team and their supporters. Reckons the wicket was flat and it looked like a 300-plus wicket. Credits the bowlers for how they bowled and he is pleased they restricted them to 260. States Pakistan is one of the best side in the world and they can't take it easy, they have to give it their all. Ends by thanking the fans for their support.
- Pakistan skipper, Sarfaraz Khan, says they did not have enough runs on the board. Mentions they did not bowl well too in the first 10 overs. Further adds it is very tough if they are losing games but then need to back themselves and he hopes they do well very soon. States the mood in dressing room is very fine, the batters are doing well but it is their bowling which they have to work on. Says Babar Azam is the best batsman in his team and Riaz was top notch today.
- Hashmatullah Shahidi who is up for an interview says he feels amazing after this win against Pakistan. Mentions he wanted to stay there till the end and finish the game, there were wickets falling but he stayed calm and Nabi supported him and he finished the game. States the Pakistan pace attack is very good and he is pleased he did well. States this game was important for them and it is a good win for them. Thanks the crowd for the support they gave them.
- Earlier in the day, Pakistan elected to bat and it was Babar Azam's ton which powered them to 262. They could have got a lot more but Afghanistan bowled really well in the second half of the first innings and in the end, that proved to be the differential factor.
- The Pakistan bowling was once again not at its best. The pacers early on took a real pounding, especially Shaheen Afridi. Shadab Khan did have a wicket to his name but was expensive. Although Imad Wasim and Wahab Riaz were the positives for Pakistan. The former was extremely accurate and the latter was exciting to watch. Had it not been for the two, Afghanistan would have had a stroll in the park.
- It was always going to be a tricky chase and it turned out to be that way. Yes, Afghanistan got off to a flier, courtesy their openers but Shahzad then had to retire hurt and Zazai fell a run short of a half ton. The brakes were then applied but the good thing for Afghanistan was, they did not lose wickets. They stitched handy stands and Shahidi was the mainstay. He anchored the innings and the rest played around him. His 50-plus run stand with Nabi was the one which probably took Afghanistan to the brink of victory. However, there was drama in the end where they lost a few wickets quickly, Shahidi and Rashid Khan held their nerves and ensured they got home.
- What a game that was in the end! What a win for Afghanistan. Yes, it is just a warm-up match, but this will be a morale booster for the minnows heading into just their 2nd World Cup.
- 49.4 There it is! Shahidi hits the winning runs for Afghanistan. A short ball outside off, he cuts it down to third man for a single. AFGHANISTAN WIN BY 3 WICKETS!
- 49.3 A run off the leading edge! SCORES LEVEL NOW! Afghanistan can't lose, they have three balls to win. Very full again on middle, Rashid looks to flick but the ball tails away. It goes off the leading edge down to third man for one.
- 49.2 In the air... safe! Two taken! Pressure released. 2 needed in 4. Misses the yorker by just. Rashid lofts it over mid off and takes a brace.
- 49.1 A dot to begin first up! A yorker outside off, Rashid fails to jam it out. 4 from 5.
- 48.6 Another single! 4 needed in 6 now. Full and on middle, this is driven back towards the bowler who dives to his right and makes a half stop. It rolls towards mid on for a run. 259/7
- 48.5 Good batting! Takes a single through square leg. 5 needed in 7.
- 48.4 FOUR! That is probably the shot which seals the deal for Afghanistan. Poor delivery by Khan. He fires it down the leg side, easy pickings for Shahidi, he flicks it through backward square leg. The fielder in the deep does put in a dive but fails to stop it.