New Zealand Vs India Live Score (ODI)
New Zealand beat India by 8 wickets
India 92/10 (30.5 ov) R/R 3.02
New Zealand 93/2 (14.4 ov) R/R 6.46
- Ross Taylor 37,
- Henry Nicholls 17
|Henry Nicholls||not out||30||42||4||1|
|Ross Taylor||not out||37||25||2||3|
54 ( 8.2 ) R/R:6.48
Ross Taylor 37(25)
Henry Nicholls 17(25)
Last Wicket 39/2 (6.2 over)
Kane Williamson 11 (18) S.R (61.11)
c Dinesh Karthik b Bhuvneshwar Kumar
- That's it from this match. Stand-in skipper Rohit Sharma's 200th ODI game and debutant Shubman Gill's special day was spoiled by Trent Boult and incurred a heavy defeat on India. Cricketing action between the two sides continues with another ODI still to be played. The 5th ODI will be held on 3rd February at Wellington. That match begins at 1500 local (0200 GMT). Till then, take care. Cheers!
- New Zealand skipper, Kane Williamson, says he did not expect the ball to swing this much. Credits the way his bowlers bowled. Further adds it was one of those days when everything went according to plan. Mentions it was great to put India under pressure by taking wickets at regular intervals and is also happy to chase this down easily. Ends by saying he is looking forward to the game in Wellington.
- Indian skipper, Rohit Sharma, says it is one of their worst performances with the bat for a long time. Credits the Kiwi bowlers for the way they bowled. Reckons the conditions were not easy and they could not cope with it. Further adds the wicket was good to bat on but they could not apply themselves. States it is always challenging when the ball is swinging but they still expected his team to put up a good show. He hopes to learn from the mistakes. Ends by saying they will be giving their best in the next game too.
- Man of the Match, Trent Boult, says it was good the ball was moving around and he made the most of it. He is happy that they chased the score easily. Admits he is quite satisfied with his performance. Mentions it was a group effort and says he was well-supported by Colin. Informs today's plan was to bowl it full and target the stumps. Ends by saying the series has been a poor one so far and they are happy they have won one here.
- Earlier in the day. Trent Boult wrecked havoc with the ball and his 5-wicket haul along with Colin de Grandhomme's 3-fer bundled out India for 92 setting up an easy chase for the Kiwi batters.
- There was nothing much the Indian bowlers could have done. Defending 92 in a 50 over game was always going to be an impossible task. However Indians did have something to rejoice about as Bhuvneshwar Kumar picked up two wickets.
- It was a walk in the park for the New Zealand batsmen in the second innings chasing a under par score of 93. Guptill started the innings with a six and followed that up with two consecutive boundaries. He was dismissed on the 4th ball of the first over. India got the wicket of Kane Williamson too, but it was just a mere consolation as Henry Nicholls and Ross Taylor did a professional job and finished off the game within 15 overs.
- 14.4 FOUR! Shorter around off and Taylor cuts it through backward point to finish the game. NEW ZEALAND WIN THE MATCH BY 8 WICKETS.
- 14.3 SIX! Tossed up on middle and leg, Taylor heaves it over mid-wicket and into the stands for a maximum. Just 4 runs required now to wrap up this game.
- 14.2 Shorter outside off, punches it to long on and rotates the strike.
- 14.1 Tossed up outside off, Taylor hits it towards point. Rayudu there puts in a dive and saves a boundary. He cannot hold onto it which allows them to take single.
- 13.6 Tosses it above the eye line but it is outside off, left alone. 81/2
- 13.5 Shortish and it is whipped towards deep backward square leg for a run.
- 13.4 Flighted ball on off, Taylor blocks it out.
- 13.3 Plays the paddle sweep towards fine leg and bags a run.