New Zealand Vs England Live Score (T20)
England beat New Zealand by 76 runs
England 241/3 (20.0 ov) R/R 12.05
New Zealand 165/10 (16.5 ov) R/R 10
- Blair Tickner 5,
- Trent Boult 6
|Blair Tickner||not out||5||6||0||0|
11 ( 1.4 ) R/R:6.6
Blair Tickner 5(6)
Trent Boult 6(4)
Last Wicket 165/10 (16.5 over)
Trent Boult 8 (8) S.R (100.00)
b Chris Jordan
- So that is it from this game! The stage is all set for the final T20I. The winner takes the series. It will be played on the 10th of November at 1400 local (0100 GMT). Till then, take care and goodbye!
- England skipper, Eoin Morgan, says he is absolutely thrilled, it was a clinical performance in a must-win game. States they were very good with the ball and the bat. Credits Malan and Parkinson for the way they played. He is also delighted with the way he played and they managed to make most of the surface. Ends by saying they need to get better as the series goes on and he is looking forward for the last game.
- New Zealand skipper, Tim Southee, says they need to get over this defeat and look forward to the game coming up. Further adds they got off to a nice start but then they started to lose wickets and that made it difficult. He jokingly says, if weather does play a part in the 5th T20I, it should not come down to boundaries.
- MAN OF THE MATCH, Dawid Malan, says it is a special moment. The intent Morgan and himself showed from ball 1 was exceptional and it is good they performed well in a crunch game. States they have made silly mistakes throughout but are pleased they played well in this game and is hoping to win the next game too and win the series.
- The England bowling was led by the young leggie, Parkinson. He was the pick with a four-fer. Jordan also took a couple. The rest of the bowlers also had a wicket each. A complete performance you can say from the away side. Stay tuned for the presentation.
- 242 then was always going to be a huge target but New Zealand did start off decently. However, once the first wicket fell, they kept losing wickets and in the end it was too much of a task. When chasing such a huge total, you need one of the top order batters to score big but that was not the case, their top scorer was Tim Southee. All in all, it has been a day to forget for the hosts.
- A comprehensive win in the end for the visitors! They needed a good performance to level the series and they have delivered in this must-win game. To be honest this game was set up by their skipper Morgan and the centurion, Malan. The 182-run stand between them batted New Zealand out of the game.
- 16.5 OUT! TIMBER! Bowls a yorker on middle, Boult looks to dig it out but misses it and gets bowled. ENGLAND WIN THE MATCH BY 76 RUNS!
- 16.4 FOUR! Short delivery, Boult looks to pull but gets a top edge. It goes over the keeper's head towards third man for a boundary.
- 16.3 On a length on off, Tickner plays it towards covers. The batsmen take a single.
- 16.2 On a good length on off, Tickner looks to go for a big shot but misses it.
- 16.1 BEATEN! On a good length and outside off, Tickner looks to cut but misses it.
- Chris Jordan is back on. 2-0-19-1 are his figures so far.
- 15.6 Another single through mid-wicket as Tickner works it through that region. 160/9
- 15.5 Very full and on the pads, this is flicked through mid-wicket for two.