Ireland Vs Zimbabwe Live Score (T20)
Ireland beat Zimbabwe by 9 wickets (D/L method)
Zimbabwe 132/8 (13.0 ov) R/R 10.15
Ireland 134/1 (10.5 ov) R/R 12.76
- Paul Stirling 47,
- Andy Balbirnie 28
|Paul Stirling||not out||83||36||6||7|
|Andy Balbirnie||not out||28||17||4||0|
76 ( 5.5 ) R/R:13.02
Paul Stirling 47(19)
Andy Balbirnie 28(16)
Last Wicket 58/1 (5 over)
Kevin O'Brien 19 (13) S.R (146.15)
c Kyle Jarvis b Tendai Chatara
- That is it from us then! Ireland extend their dominance over Zimbabwe, staying unbeaten. This was probably the visitors' best chance to win a game on this tour but perhaps as they say, everyday is not Sunday and the final match is on a Sunday, so who knows... can Zimbabwe end the tour with a win? Join us on 14th July, 2019 at 4 pm local (1500 GMT) for the third and final T20I. ADIOS! TAKE CARE!
- Earlier in the day, Zimbabwe started slowly but then rocketed to 132 in 13 overs, thanks to two rain delays. The 67-run stand between Ervine and Williams gave the Zimbabwe supporters something to cheer about but Paul Stirling quickly snatched it in the matter of an hour.
- A hapless bowling performance from Zimbabwe. No one, at any stage, looked in any sort of control as Stirling ate his lunch, breakfast and dinner in form of the Zimbabwe bowlers. Not a single bowler conceded below 10 runs an over and Ireland, through Stirling, just teed away. If you need to chase 134 in 13 overs, you need a special knock and Stirling's unbeaten 83 from 36 provided more than that. Courtesy that man, the home side chased down the target with 13 balls to spare!
- A helter-skelter of a win. That is what T20 is all about, isn't it? Or a T13, in this case. If Zimbabwe thought they had enough on the board, well, perhaps the board itself was short for Ireland.
- 10.5 IRELAND WIN! What a victory. Stirling the man for them, pushes it towards long on with his arms aloft and completes the requisite run.
- 10.4 Outside off, Paul looks to hit this through the off side but the ball takes the inside edge and snakes through past the leg stump towards fine leg. A couple taken.
- 10.3 SIX! CLUNK! This is connected well. A short ball, around off, Stirling waits and pulls it over mid-wicket for a biggie!
- 10.2 DROPPED! No one can believe it. Short delivery from Jarvis, on middle stump, Balbirnie pulls but does not time it well. The ball goes straight to Mpofu at deep square leg who makes a mess of it and lets Balbirnie off the hook. A single taken.
- 10.1 Around middle, worked through square leg for a couple.
- Kyle Jarvis is back on. 2-0-23-0 so far.
- 9.6 Full length delivery, on middle stump, a rare defense from Stirling. Plays it back to the bowler. 122/1
- 9.5 FOUR! Whoa! Off the top edge. Full and around off, Stirling gets down to paddle but the ball takes the top edge and rockets behind. Lobs high in the air and lands just inside the third man fence!
- 9.4 Good length delivery, on off stump, Stirling steers it to point but no run taken.
- 9.3 Outside off, slapped through the covers for one.
- 9.2 Around middle, chipped towards long on for a single.