Ireland Vs India Live Score (T20)
India beat Ireland by 76 runs
India 208/5 (20.0 ov) R/R 10.4
Ireland 132/9 (20.0 ov) R/R 6.6
- Boyd Rankin 4,
- Peter Chase 2
|Boyd Rankin||not out||5||13||0||0|
|Peter Chase||not out||2||8||0||0|
6 ( 2.5 ) R/R:2.11
Boyd Rankin 4(9)
Peter Chase 2(8)
Last Wicket 126/9 (17.1 over)
George Dockrell 9 (6) S.R (150.00)
b Jasprit Bumrah
- That is it from the first T20I between Ireland and India. The visitors were way too strong for the Irish but one cannot exactly say that the hosts played well. Perhaps they were nervous and bowled way too many bad balls. The fielding was not at its best either. Batting well - playing against spin did not turn out to be their cup of tea. Do join us on Friday, 29th June, 2018 at 1600 local (1500 GMT) to see if they improve in the second game. Meanwhile, whatever be the format, the clobbering of the Aussie bowlers continues at the hands of the English bowlers. The one-off T20I is happening in Birmingham - do catch that game as well. ADIOS! TAKE CARE!
- Victorious Indian captain, Virat Kohli puts in a smile and says that he cannot complain with the performance today. Adds that India batted and bowled well and the last over from Ireland was perhaps their best - had that happened earlier, the game could have taken a different turn. Is happy with Rohit and Dhawan and also with the bowlers. Stresses that the plan will be to surprise the opposition - not only Ireland, but also other teams - by being flexible with the top and middle order. Admits that Dinesh Karthik and Lokesh Rahul's exclusion was a tough one but the management has already told them that whoever missed the first game will get a chance in the second. Adds that the reason for this is that many times people come on tours without playing a game so this is a great opportunity for those.
- Kuldeep Yadav is the Man Of the Match. Says that this is his first trip to the UK. On the wicket, he says that it was a good one to bat on and he needed to introduce variations in pace, but tried to stick to one line. On being asked about the advice by Chahal, Kuldeep says that they chat a lot in between overs and the leggie's first advice was that the wicket is slow and you need to bowl slower through the air. Admits that the English tour will be a big challenge for him but is confident that he can do well.
- Irish skipper, Gary Wilson feels that India played beautifully but what he does take from the game is that his team restricted India in the last few overs. Admits that the Irish batsmen were totally bamboozled by the Indian spinners and no one could read them. On the possible introduction of spin in the Powerplay, Wilson agrees that could have been a possibility but then so much can be done in hindsight. On being asked about the promotion of Simi Singh ahead of himself and Kevin O'Brien, the skipper says that his performance against Netherlands promoted that move where he played spin beautifully.
- Yuzvendra Chahal is having a chat with Murali Kartik. The leggie says that it was a good experience. Adds that he could not believe that the ball was turning on this track. But is also disappointed that he went for a few extra runs. On the game itself, Chahal says that this was not the first game on the tour as they had trained hard in England. On bowling to Shannon, Yuzi says that Dhoni guided him a lot based on the batsman's footwork as to how to land the ball and when. On the upcoming English challenge, Chahal is confident and hopeful that India will do well in that series. On the bowling lengths, YC says that he is always instructed to go for wickets - irrespective of the runs given.
- For India, it was a good practice match. The openers teed off with total freedom, showing the good touch they were in while all the bowlers barring Hardik bowled exceedingly well. The spinners ruled the roost again - with figures of 8-1-59-7. Awaiting the presentation...
- A 76-run win it is to start India's tour of the UK. It was a no-match in the end and was not much hyped either, to be honest. Ireland bowled the first and last overs nicely but then were hammered in the middle. Then with the bat, only James Shannon played an innings of substance making a fine 60. The next highest was one-fifth of Shannon's score - 12 by Stuart Thompson. You can understand how the batting would have been then.
- 19.6 DROPPED! Does not matter in context of the game but the bowler is hurt. Full and outside off, Chase hits it straight back. Bumrah goes low for the catch but the ball bursts through his hands. He is in discomfort and calls for the physio. Seems to have split the webbing. Meanwhile, that ends the game as well.
- 19.5 Driven through mid off by the batsman. They pick up a single.
- 19.4 Punches it through the covers for a run.
- 19.3 Outside off, Boyd looks to slash but gets a bottom edge down to third man. Just a single.
- 19.2 A length ball outside leg, Rankin looks to flick but the ball goes off his pads towards the keeper.
- 19.1 A short ball, right at the body, played towards cover.
- 18.6 The batsman works it down the leg side. One run added to the total. Frugal but wicketless is Bhuvi - 4-0-16-0. 129/9
- 18.5 Full and outside off, pushed through the covers for a run.