India Women Vs Sri Lanka Women Live Score (T20)
India Women beat Sri Lanka Women by 7 wickets
Sri Lanka Women 113/9 (20.0 ov) R/R 5.65
India Women 116/3 (14.4 ov) R/R 8.06
- Deepti Sharma 15,
- Jemimah Rodrigues 13
|Jemimah Rodrigues||not out||15||15||1||0|
|Deepti Sharma||not out||15||13||2||0|
28 ( 4.0 ) R/R:7
Deepti Sharma 15(13)
Jemimah Rodrigues 13(11)
Last Wicket 88/3 (10.4 over)
Shafali Verma 47 (34) S.R (138.24)
run out (Hansima Karunaratne)
- Right. That ends another double header from this World Cup. India zoom to lead Group A, awaiting the second team from Group B to meet in the semi-final. We might come to know that on Sunday. South Africa meet Pakistan at 3 pm local (0400 GMT), followed by the England-West Indies clash at 7 pm local (0800 GMT). The caravan moves to the Sydney Showground Stadium, the venue of the opening match of the World Cup. Join us on 1st March, 2020 for all the fun. ADIOS! TAKE CARE!
- Victorious Indian captain, Harmanpreet Kaur says that winning every game is important and one cannot lose the momentum at any cost. On the bowling unit complimenting each other, Kaur says that they understood the pitch very well and did not give much loose balls. On her own form not quite striking gold, Harmanpreet smiles and hopes that she saves her best for the final. But adds that in this game, she felt in good touch. On Shafali Verma being given the license to go hard at the top, Kaur says that they do not want to restrict anyone from playing their natural game and praises her for giving good starts at the top. Hopes that she continues playing in the same manner.
- Sri Lankan skipper, Chamari Atapattu, says that 113 was not enough to defend as 125-130 was a good score on this wicket. But also adds that Shafali Verma was a big wicket on this deck. Laments the dropped catches. On her own form with the bat, Atapattu admits that she got a start but could not carry on. Reckons that if she had stayed longer, they could have crossed 150. On meeting Bangladesh next, who nearly outclassed New Zealand earlier, Chamari says that they just look to play positively in every game and is confident that if they do that, they can beat Bangladesh.
- RADHA YADAV HAS BEEN NAMED THE PLAYER OF THE MATCH. Says that she was just thinking to keep it simple and bowl stump-to-stump. Hopes that India keep the winning momentum going. On Atapattu going great guns in the Powerplay, Radha says that she just focussed on bowling it in the right areas. On her competition with Poonam Yadav, Radha shyly says that Poonam is a legend.
- Earlier in the afternoon, Sri Lanka huffed and puffed their way to 113. Given the way the NZ-Ban game went, where 91 was defended, one felt it was a good score. It was an innings of starts with Atapattu scoring the most again. Radha Yadav strut her stuff, with 4 wickets. Please stay tuned for the presentation...
- It really looked as if the Lankans were intimidated by the Indian openers. They never got their lines and lengths right and at times when they did, their fielders let them down, dropping simple catches. Udeshika Prabodhani was the only bowler who could hold her head high, with figures of 4-0-13-1. The rest were below average.
- Shafali Verma played with freedom, as always, galloping in the Powerplay. Smriti Mandhana made the mistake of complimenting her and paid the price. That did not hurt India in terms of this game but the aim to get batting practice got hurt a bit. Shafali took the limelight, scoring a brisk 47 and the others batted around her.
- Chasing modest targets like 114 can always put the batters in two minds. But Mr. Raman had instructed his girls pretty well. No fuss, no double minds. Go out, play your natural, attacking game and gun this total down with ease. That is exactly what his unit did.
- Now, that is what you call a comprehensive win. 7 wickets and 32 balls to spare. It is four out of four for India in this World Cup and they are now looking like the team to beat. They have topped Group A in style.
- 14.4 FOUR! WHACK! There come the winning runs! Full and outside off, Deepti gets down and mows a slog sweep over mid-wicket. INDIA ARE VICTORIOUS BY 7 WICKETS!
- 14.3 Comes down the track and pushes it towards long on for one more.
- 14.2 Around middle, pushed towards long on for a run. There is a bad throw at the bowler's end and Deepti wants the overthrow but the throw is backed up at cover.
- 14.1 Full and outside off, worked through mid-wicket for a single.
- Umesha Thimashini to bowl now.
- 13.6 Full and outside off, Jemimah comes down the track and works it through mid-wicket for one more. 109/3