India Vs West Indies Live Score (TEST)
India beat West Indies by an innings and 272 runs
West Indies 196/10 (50.5 ov) R/R 3.88 | Match Ended
- Shane Dowrich 0,
- Shannon Gabriel 4
|Shane Dowrich (W)||not out||16||64||1||0|
4 ( 1.5 ) R/R:2.18
Shane Dowrich 0(6)
Shannon Gabriel 4(5)
Last Wicket 196/10 (50.5 over)
Shannon Gabriel 4 (5) S.R (80.00)
c Kuldeep Yadav b Ravindra Jadeja
- Right then! That ends a totally one-sided Test match. Not sure we were expecting anything different but we were HOPING for a contest. Will we see anything different in the second Test? Join us on Friday, October 12, 2018 in Hyderabad from 9.30 am local (0400 GMT). Till then you can catch some more one-sided stuff in the SA-Zim series and 'hope' for a contest in the Pak-Aus clash. ADIOS! TAKE CARE!
- PRITHVI SHAW HAS BEEN NAMED THE MAN OF THE MATCH for his fantastic century. Says that he is more happy for the team and is happier that his contribution could come in the cause. Says that there is no change in the preparation - whether one plays First Class Cricket or Test cricket. Hopes to continue doing his stuff.
- Victorious Indian captain Virat Kohli says that one cannot compare the conditions in England and here. Is honest enough to admit that with India's quality, they are expected to be dominating at home, purely because they have done that so many times in the past. Dodges the question about Windies' surrender and says that his team's focus is to be consistent and they did that. Stresses further that it was a clinical performance and is delighted for Shaw and Jadeja. Praises the 18-year old for grabbing the opportunity with both hands. Also says that the declaration was delayed purely because the team wanted the all-rounder to reach his century. On the seam bowling, Virat says that both the quicks were very good, on a track which had nothing for fast bowlers. Adds further that the spinners have always been good on such surfaces any which ways. Informs that the reason for going in with 5 main bowlers was to rotate the players in the heat. Smiles on being informed that India's over-rate was close to 17 an hour and puts it down to the new rules which do not allow flexibility in drinking water. Also says that India were never bothered with the over rate as they have plenty of spinners in their ranks who finish off their overs quickly.
- Windies captain Kraigg Brathwaite credits India for showing how to master Test cricket. On being asked about the margin of defeat, Kraigg puts it down to batting issues with no partnerships being strung. Feels that had they got 2 or 3 big stands, they would have done well. On being asked about Jason Holder's fitness, Brathwaite says that he is not sure and they will have to assess in the next couple of days.
- That was NOT the presentation. It is coming up now...
- Kuldeep says that sometimes it takes a little bit of time to take wickets and in the second innings, he was rewarded for his patience. On his liking for the types of balls, Yadav goes the opposite. Says he likes Kookaburra and is not so happy with the SG. On his ploy to come around the wicket, the chinaman says that they discussed it in the dressing room and he was asked to try changing the angle and it worked.
- Ravichandran Ashwin is giving an interview to Sanjay Manjrekar, along with Kuldeep Yadav. The offie says that he was bowling really well before injury and only wanted to get that rhythm back. Admits that he was nervous yesterday but once he bowled a couple of overs, he got confident. On the difference between the types of balls in England and India, Ashwin says that there is a massive factor in terms of gripping and movement. On his preference, he says that he loves holding the Dukes ball but is disappointed with Kookaburra. Is okay with the SG. On being asked about Windies' surrender, Ashwin does not admit on the upfront but then eventually says that he is shocked more than surprised to see so many shots being played in a Test match.
- This Test match result cannot come in any better manner for the Indian side. They have just come from a gruelling Test series in England with the batsmen not making runs and the spinners struggling. Back home, both the negatives have been converted into positives and all of a sudden, the mindset is double positive, which will not do them any harm before their tour to Australia.
- After being asked to bat again, perhaps one might have expected to see some fight from the Windies. There was a bit - with Kieran Powell really playing well. But once he got out, the procession was fuelled. What was surprising was the amount of shots played in the second innings. As many as 7 sixes were hit, with the batsmen clearly trying to hit the spinners off their lengths. But they were just trying it way too often and paid the price.
- Now about India's bowling because there is nothing much to talk about their opponents' batting. Test match is a test of patience but they were hardly tested. Shami struck early with the new ball in the first innings and then Ashwin got 4 more because of his guile than the pitch.
- It could not have started better for the visiting side. Coming on Indian soil, then striking in the first over. But after that, it just got pear-shaped. Prithvi Shaw's attack put them on the defensive and they simply could not get going. Keemo Paul breaking down before Lunch on Thursday did not help matters either and as a result, they saw 3 centurions, a 90-odd and an 80-odd. Bishoo did get a 4-fer but was not that threatening.
- The players shake hands but Jason Holder just sits there in the Windies' dressing room, totally flummoxed. Was this a pitch which seemed like a minefield? Or was it all in the mind? Perhaps the latter.
- 50.5 OUT! That ends the Test match. Thank you for watching. India have earned their BIGGEST EVER WIN IN TEST CRICKET, in terms of runs. Full and on middle, Gabriel tries to repeat what he did on the third ball but this time there is a man near the ropes. Kuldeep Yadav is the man at the fence and he takes a decent catch. INDIA WIN BY AN INNINGS AND 272 RUNS!
- 50.4 Slower ball around middle, pushed to the off side.
- 50.3 FOUR! There you go. Tossed up and there she goes. Gabriel blasts it over mid on.