India Vs West Indies Live Score (ODI)
India beat West Indies by 4 wickets
West Indies 315/5 (50.0 ov) R/R 6.3
India 316/6 (48.4 ov) R/R 6.53
- Shardul Thakur 17,
- Ravindra Jadeja 10
|Ravindra Jadeja||not out||39||31||4||0|
|Shardul Thakur||not out||17||6||2||1|
30 ( 2.3 ) R/R:12
Shardul Thakur 17(6)
Ravindra Jadeja 10(9)
Last Wicket 286/6 (46.1 over)
Virat Kohli 85 (81) S.R (104.94)
b Keemo Paul
- That's the end of another exciting series! India have ended up winning the game and series but the fight shown by the visitors is commendable. They pushed India to the limit in all the matches but India were simply better in the end. India, now host Sri Lanka for a three match T20I series starting from 5th January while the Calypso Kings go back home to host Ireland starting on 7th January with the ODIs. Until then, cheers.
- Indian skipper, Virat Kohli is also the Man of the Match. Kohli says that having finished games so many times he was calm. Tells dew is becoming a factor and one needs just a few partnerships to put the opposition under pressure. Adds that Jadeja took the pressure off him and tells that he was happy to see others (Jadeja and Shardul) finish off the game. On the year, Virat says that it has been a beautiful year and feels apart from the 30 bad minutes cricket in the World Cup they have been excellent and adds that they will keep chasing the ICC trophy. On the fast bowling talent India has, Virat says it is a proud moment as India have hardly ever had such potent attacks. Feels that it is the reason they feel they can win games abroad. Says that they will feel proud if they can at least keep the team as strong as before if not make them even stronger. Kohli then goes onto collect the trophy before he is joined by his teammates.
- Rohit Sharma is named the Man of the Series. Rohit tells that it was a decider and they wanted to make the most of the track as Cuttack is a good batting wicket. Tells he is sad that he could not continue but tells he enjoyed other performances. Singles out Shardul's pull shot. On the year, he said he has enjoyed it a lot but says winning the World Cup would have been even better but tells he has enjoyed the year personally. Adds that the team has also had a good year and he is happy. Further says that he is not done and is excited for the year to come. Tells that he knows his game and he backed himself. On the red ball cricket, he says he enjoyed it but was also challenging as the ball was moving in India unlike they have seen before.
- West Indies skipper, Kieron Pollard says that there was not much to be disappointed about as he is proud from where they have come from. Credits his players for showing the mettle and congratulates the Indian team for winning. Says they are the no.1 side and he is happy that they pushed them to their limits. On being asked about the batting performances, Pollard says that he knew the side had the talent and credits the batters. Singles out a few performances like Hetmyer's, Hope's and Pooran's. Says that they just wanted them to express themselves and tells that there is a lot to look forward to in the future.
- Stay tuned for the presentation as we find out who the Man of the Match and Player of the series are.
- Early on, West Indies posted a daunting total of 316 in front of the Men in Blue, courtesy Pooran's and Pollard's knocks. They had some vital contributions from Hetmyer, Hope and the rest. This score looked like a good one but the dew might have had an effect on the final result of the game. India bowled well in patches, especially in the middle when they picked up some quick wickets but Pooran and Pollard took the attack to them and in the end reached what looked like a defendable score.
- The West Indian bowlers were not upto the mark. They bowled a quite a few loose balls at the start and Rohit and Rahul took full toll of that. Then they changed their lines and lengths helping them make a slight comeback in the match. At one stage, they picked up three quick wickets but needed to pick up more wickets but they could not. Keemo Paul was the pick of the bowlers while the others were disappointing.
- Jadeja says he was just thinking that he knew it was a good wicket and the ball came nicely onto the bat so he was very confident. Tells that he told Shardul not to do anything silly as he knew that the pitch was good to bat. Admits there was pressure on him as he hadn't batted much in the series. But tells that Virat told him to play straight as the pitch was good to bat on.
- First up, Shardul Thakur. Thakur says that he did not think about Virat Kohli getting out as that would have put him under pressure. All he thought was that there is a set batsmen in the crease. Admits that he has been in such situations in the domestic circuit but says that it was a pleasure to do it in the international stage. On being asked if he is ready to become India's no. 8, Shardul says that he is ready as he thinks he can do the job with the bat as well.
- The guys who guided India home towards the end, Shardul Thakur and Ravindra Jadeja are caught down for a quick chat with Harsha Bhogle.
- What a match we have had and it is India who come out on top. They have also taken the series 2-1 but it has been a tough fight given by the West Indies. Coming to this chase, India started off brilliantly with Rohit Sharma and KL Rahul who stitched a partnership of 122 runs before Rohit was out. India, after another small partnership between KL Rahul and the Indian skipper lost some vital wickets in the middle. It looked like West Indies would make a comeback but Kohli and Jadeja stitched a valuable 58-run stand to get closer to the target. Kohli fell 15 short of his century and the hosts still required 30 runs off 23 balls but Shardul Thakur came in and finished things off with a good cameo.
- 48.5 Drama at the end! Safely in but India would not have cared as it is a no ball. India win by 4 wickets. On the pads, Jadeja flicks it towards mid-wicket and takes a quick single. The fielder scores a direct hit at the keeper's end. The umpire takes it upstairs but he has also signaled a no ball as Keemo Paul overstepped. The umpire still checks upstairs and replays show Thakur was in but unsure how it would have mattered. Nonetheless India win by 4 wickets and seal the series.
- The umpires have gone upstairs for a run out against Shardul Thakur. It looked close but the umpire signals it a no ball and that is game, set and match. On replays, anyway, Thakur was well in.
- 48.4 Full on middle, Jadeja strokes it to mid on.
- 48.3 Good length ball outside off, Jadeja punches it on the off side and gets a couple. Scores level now.