India Vs Bangladesh Live Score (TEST)
India beat Bangladesh by an innings and 130 runs
Bangladesh 150/10 (58.3 ov) R/R 2.57
India 493/6 (114.0 ov) R/R 4.32
Bangladesh 213/10 (69.2 ov) R/R 3.08
- Abu Jayed 4,
- Ebadot Hossain 1
|Abu Jayed||not out||4||9||1||0|
5 ( 1.3 ) R/R:3.33
Abu Jayed 4(6)
Ebadot Hossain 1(3)
Last Wicket 213/10 (69.2 over)
Ebadot Hossain 1 (3) S.R (33.33)
c Umesh Yadav b Ravichandran Ashwin
- So that is it from this game. India continue their dominance with a demolishing win over Bangladesh. They continue their unbeaten run in the World Test Championship. We are not done with the series as we now move to Kolkata for the first ever Day-Night Test match to be played by India. Kohli and co. will look to convert their red ball dominance into Pink ball as well. Bangladesh, on the other hand, will look to put on a better display and stun the home crowd by drawing the series. The historic pink ball Test will begin on Friday, 22nd November. The match will begin at 1300 local (0730 GMT). Join us for that one. Till then, cheers!
- For his brilliant innings of 243, Mayank Agarwal has been named the Man of the Match. On being told that he has had this smile for a year now, Mayank smiles and says that he hopes that the smile continues for a longer period. Tells he practices but not much as they play the shorter formats as well. Agarwal feels proud to represent India. Says it is great to have someone who wants you to get more runs than himself as Kohli wanted him to get to a double ton when he reached 150 for the first time in Tests. On being asked whether he has had any practice with the pink ball, Mayanak informs they had three sessions of practice with Rahul Dravid.
- Indian skipper, Virat Kohli says that it has been a clinical performance. Says that they played with 5 batters and it was a very professional performance. On his pace bowling options, Kohli says they are at the top of their game and feels they bowl excellently on any surface. Says that Bumrah is not here at the moment and when he joins it would look more lethal. On the records, Kohli says they have not focused on it and they are just looking to get the team as high as possible and inspire the up and coming Indian players. Tells when a young guy comes into the team he knows how important it is to get big runs and how difficult it is to get big runs so he just looks to lay the marker so that the new batters can keep their guard and focus on getting the runs while they are in the zones. On playing pink ball cricket next, Kohli tells he is very excited and proud to be the first Indian side to play the Day-Night Test.
- Bangladesh skipper, Mominul Haque says that it was difficult as they won the toss and decided to bat first. On the positives, Mominul says that the bowling of Abu Jayed along with the performance of Rahim and Liton are the positives. Feels that it is a challenge for the top order to score some runs and realse the pressure on the middle order batsmen.
- We all know who the Man of the Match will be but stayed tuned for the presentation as we hear from the captains and find out who our Man of the Match will be.
- Ishant jokes and says that the other faster bowlers don't treat him as senior. Further adds that there is no difference between a senior and a junior as they try to make each other comfortable. Adds that they all enjoy each others success. Smiles and says that the body feels weak after a certain age but he is enjoying bowling at the moment. On playing the pink ball Test, he says that he is excited to play that game and the ball does a bit under lights.
- Umesh says that his parents have got him here as they made him run and practice hard in his childhood and that is what he tries to use it here. Adds that if they keep taking wickets, they get to bowl more overs. Says that they like to contribute with the bat as well. Adds that in the last match against South Africa, Kohli told him to go and hit the ball wherever he wants.
- Shami admits that they get tired but all the fast bowlers try to enjoy themselves as much as possible. Further adds that they also try to push each other for success. On Umesh's batting, Shami jokes that that that the boundaries are short in India for Umesh's power. On what his secret is of bowling so good, Shami goes on to say that he has full freedom from the coach and the captain to bowl however he is comfortable with and says that he focuses on line and length.
- Harsha Bhogle is down there for an interview with the impressive pace bowling trio of Mohammed Shami, Umesh Yadav and Ishant Sharma.
- With a massive deficit, Bangladesh needed to their openers to fight it out but the opening pair of Kayes and Shadman failed to do that and were unable to hang out there for long. Just like the first innings, the top-order did not put up a fight and for a moment it looked like they would struggle to get into second session with any mainstay batters. But Mushfiqur Rahim hung around with Mahmudullah. Mahmudullah though could not fight for long. Liton and Rahim then counter-attacked the Indian bowlers. Mushfiqur then put up a fight with Mehidy Hasan but the task in hand was too much and Rahim's fighting 64 was not enough for Bangladesh to avoid an innings defeat.
- After deciding to declare after an overnight lead of 343, the hosts started off with the ball in a magnificent fashion. The opening bowling pair of Umesh Yadav and Ishant Sharma got rid of the Bangladesh's openers. Shami then joined the party and what has become a norm, he was the pick of the bowler in the second innings. Mohammed Shami ended up with 4. Ashwin too was once again amongst the wickets. Picking up three. Umesh and Ishant had 2 and 1 respectively. All-in-all India were once again superb with the cherry in hand.
- Comfortable win for India and they continue their dominance at home in the longest format of the game. They look unbeatable at the moment, especially at home. A win by an innings and 130 runs. That is a huge margin. No contest this really. It has been a landslide victory.
- 69.2 OUT! CAUGHT! That is the end of that! Umesh Yadav takes a terrific catch at long on to complete the formalities. Ashwin bowls a floated ball on off, Hossain looks for a wild slog over long on but it goes off the splice of the bat. Umesh Yadav runs across from the deep and takes a good catch tumbling to his left. With that, INDIA WIN BY AN INNINGS AN 130 RUNS.
- 69.1 Flighted ball on middle, Hossain defends it out.
- 68.6 BEATEN! That is a wild slog from Jayed! Shami bowls this full outside off, Abu goes for a heave over long on but fails to make any connection to it. 213/9