India Vs Afghanistan Live Score (TEST)
India beat Afghanistan by an innings and 262 runs
Afghanistan 103/10 (38.4 ov) R/R 2.68 | Match Ended
- Wafadar 0,
- Hashmatullah Shahidi 5
this over :
|Hashmatullah Shahidi||not out||36||88||6||0|
5 ( 2.4 ) R/R:1.87
Hashmatullah Shahidi 5(9)
Last Wicket 103/10 (38.4 over)
Wafadar 0 (7) S.R (0.00)
b Ravichandran Ashwin
- Excellent gesture from the Indian team as they pose with the cup with the Afghanistan squad. Both the teams are seen taking pictures with the cup as we come to an end to the coverage of this game. The visitors have a lot to work on. Whereas, the Indians just showed why they are the number one ranked side in the world. Cricketing action though does not stop here as Day 2 of the WIN-SL Test will start in some time. You can catch that by switching tabs. Till then, take care and goodbye.
- India captain, Ajinkya Rahane, says it is always an honor to lead the country. He is happy with the way his team batted. Informs they stuck to their basics and it went well for them. Says Afghanistan played really well and they will improve with time.
- Man of the Match, Shikhar Dhawan, says he is very happy with the way he has been playing. He is happy they finished the match early and now they can rest for the next few days. Reckons the pitch was a little damp and the fast bowlers were getting some assistance but he was clear what he wanted to do and things went his game. He congratulates Afghanistan for reaching this level. He reckons the visitors have learnt a lot from this game and will keep improving.
- Afghanistan captain, Asghar Stanikzai, says he wants to thank the board to give them this opportunity. Congratulates India for the way they played. Further adds they will learn from this and perform well in the future. Mentions they have played good cricket and admits they knew Test cricket is going to be difficult. Ends by saying their batting was poor and they will look to improve on it.
- Ravindra Jadeja says the pacers started off really well. He feels his job was to contain runs as the wicket was very flat and there was not a lot of help for the spinners. Reckons the wicket was a different one from that which was played on in the Indian T20 League. Further adds he along with Ashwin planned to restrict the runs and keep it simple. Advises the Afghan batsman to improve their technique.
- Umesh Yadav says he is pleased to reach that landmark (100 wickets). Further adds he just tried to swing the ball and bowl it in the right areas. Reckons the wicket was a touch slow and he tried bowling it on the right areas. Informs they wanted to prepare themselves before heading to England. He feels Ishant and himself bowled well in a pair and Jadeja and Ashwin also did well later on.
- Afghanistan then came out to bat after Lunch on Day 2 and their innings lasted only about 28 overs. They were bowled out for a paltry 109 with Ashwin picking up a four-fer. After enforcing the follow-on, on them, they should no signs of improvement as they were once again bowled out for a similar total. Now we have Ravindra Jadeja and Umesh Yadav for an interview.
- To be honest, it was a complete performance by the Indians. First their batters did well to set a massive first innings score. Both the openers scored a ton. Hardik and Rahul also contributed with half centuries. They scored at a brisk rate and the visitors' bowlers except for Yamin Ahmadzai had no answer to the onslaught. he was their pick of the bowler, finishing with a three-fer.
- Two days is all it has taken for the mighty Indians to beat the Afghanistan team. Once again it has taken them just a session to bowl out the visitors for the second time in the day. It was Ashwin who got a four-fer in Afghanistan's first innings, this time it is Jadeja. However, Umesh Yadav was the man who set the tone as he ran through the top order. Stanikzai and Shahidi did show some fight but once Jadeja was introduced he made quick work of the middle and lower order to give the hosts a huge win.
- 38.4 OUT! What was that? Brain fade? Maybe. Ashwin tosses this one up outside off, it turns back in. The batsman strangely offers no shot and the ball hits the middle pole. Wafadar stands there in disbelief as the Indians start celebration as they have WON BY AN INNINGS AND 262 RUNS!
- 38.3 Works it with the angle through square leg for a run.
- 38.2 Dances down the track and hits it down to long off but does not take the run.
- 38.1 Gives it air on off, the batsman pushes it back to the bowler.
- 37.6 Loopy ball on off, Wafadar blocks it. 102/9
- 37.5 Outside off, left alone.