Sunrisers Hyderabad Vs Kolkata Knight Riders Live Score (T20)
Sunrisers Hyderabad beat Kolkata Knight Riders by 9 wickets
Kolkata Knight Riders 159/8 (20.0 ov) R/R 7.95
Sunrisers Hyderabad 161/1 (15.0 ov) R/R 10.73
- Kane Williamson 8,
- Jonny Bairstow 21
|Jonny Bairstow (W)||not out||80||43||7||4|
|Kane Williamson (C)||not out||8||9||0||0|
30 ( 2.4 ) R/R:11.25
Kane Williamson 8(9)
Jonny Bairstow 21(7)
Last Wicket 131/1 (12.2 over)
David Warner 67 (38) S.R (176.32)
b Prithvi Raj
- So that is it from this game! Hyderabad won it quite easily and have moved onto the 5th spot. Kolkata on the other hand, go down to the 6th spot with another loss. Cricketing action does not end here though as there is one more game to be played and that is between Bangalore and Chennai in the former's den. It will start in a bit so do join us for that.
- KHALEEL AHMED HAS BEEN AWARDED THE MAN OF THE MATCH! His figures of 4-0-33-3 was probably the difference.
- Jonny Bairstow is now up for an interview. He starts by crediting their bowlers to keep Kolkata down to 160. Reckons the pitch got easier to bat on. Appreciates Warner for the way he bats and enjoys batting with him. Mentions there has been a lot of chat about the middle order but they haven't got a lot of opportunities and hence, the criticism is unfair. Ends by saying he has enjoyed his first experience of this League and he hopes to be back.
- Kolkata skipper, Dinesh Karthik, says 160 was a par score with the way the wicket played initially but they did not bowl that well. Credits the way the openers batted but they were poor in the field. States had the chance in the second over been taken, it could have been different as it would have been the big wicket of Bairstow. He admits they were outplayed in this game and have not been good with the ball and the field. Ends by saying Kuldeep needed a break as he was not performing at his best, he hopes he comes back fresh in the next game.
- Earlier in the day, the Kolkata openers got them off to a flying start but wickets at regular intervals from the Hyderabad bowlers saw them being restricted to a total which did not prove to be enough.
- Not a lot to write about the Kolkata bowling. They were really poor, Narine and Raj were decent but the rest were just not good. Also, maybe if they would have taken the catch in the second over, it could have been a lot closer. All-in-all it is a day they would probably want to forget.
- At the end of the first innings, this seemed to be a par score but the way Warner and Bairstow batted, it seemed that Kolkata were at least 50 runs short. Yes, they were helped by the visitors' fielders but take nothing away from their innings. They were smashing the bowlers to all parts of the ground. Both got to their half tons and their 131-run stand more or less sealed the deal. The left-hander did fall but Williamson and Bairstow ensured there were no more wickets to fall.
- Are we dreaming? 30 balls left and the game is done and dusted. Hyderabad's second biggest win in terms of both - wickets and balls remaining. The one-man army from the eastern state of India is going down very badly. 5th loss on the trot.
- 14.6 SIX! And he does so! Another slog sweep and another biggie. Once again over the mid-wicket stand. HYDERABAD HAVE STEAMROLLED KOLKATA BY 9 WICKETS!
- 14.5 SIX! 5 more needed now! That has been nailed! Once again the slog sweep is out and it is hit over the mid-wicket fence. He has one ball to finish it in this over.
- 14.4 FOUR! Clever shot this! Chawla fires it fast outside off. JB goes back and then at the very end, guides it past backward point for a boundary. One more than 10 needed.
- 14.3 Tossed up on off, Bairstow makes room and slaps it towards covers. The batsmen get two runs.
- 14.2 Flighted delivery on middle, Williamson plays it off his back foot towards mid on for a run.
- 14.1 Tossed up on middle and leg, Kane flicks it to the leg side.
- Piyush Chawla is back!